Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music stops while streaming on my iPhone 5 (while running using Runkeeper)

Solved!

Music stops while streaming on my iPhone 5 (while running using Runkeeper)

Using the latest iOS and the latest Spotify (0.9.2.7), I'm having trouble while running (using the latest Runkeeper). The trouble started after upgrading Spotify. Seems like there is some trouble handling 3G/4G base stations. The area I'm running the phone normally switches from 3G to 4G and vice versa. Yesterday it stopped 4 times while running 11km. Not good 🙂

I have to skip to another song to get started again. 

Feeling bitter since the latest app is for those who do not pay for Spotify. I've been a Premium member for years, and now this thing does not work properly. Please fix!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Does the same thing happen with offline playlists?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I have the same problem with Spotify on Android (Samsung Galaxy Note 3) but not only while using Runkeeper. It happens randomly while only using Spotify. The Spotify app suddenly stops (the icon disapears) without any explaining message.

It does happen in offline playlists (- even in offline modus) as well. 

Also, if this happens (every 15 minutes or so) my currently playing playlist 'forgets' his previous played songs and starts over (already played songs in my playlist will be played again).

Marked as solution

Problem seems to have been solved for me since the most recent update. I have been listening to music for two hours or so, without any problem.

Marked as solution

Glad it's fixed for you @DEfUsTiONteLe . If you have any more problems, please post in the android section where you're more likely to get help.

Marked as solution

Yes, I thought about posting my problem in the android section, but I came across this post first. Then I figured it would be best to post it here, because both android and iPhone showed the same problem.

Thanks for the advice, though!

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Does the same thing happen with offline playlists?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

I have the same problem with Spotify on Android (Samsung Galaxy Note 3) but not only while using Runkeeper. It happens randomly while only using Spotify. The Spotify app suddenly stops (the icon disapears) without any explaining message.

It does happen in offline playlists (- even in offline modus) as well. 

Also, if this happens (every 15 minutes or so) my currently playing playlist 'forgets' his previous played songs and starts over (already played songs in my playlist will be played again).

Marked as solution

Problem seems to have been solved for me since the most recent update. I have been listening to music for two hours or so, without any problem.
Marked as solution

Glad it's fixed for you @DEfUsTiONteLe . If you have any more problems, please post in the android section where you're more likely to get help.

Marked as solution

Yes, I thought about posting my problem in the android section, but I came across this post first. Then I figured it would be best to post it here, because both android and iPhone showed the same problem.

Thanks for the advice, though!

Suggested posts