Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Solved!! iOS 7.0.2 music controls

Since updating to 7.0.2 I have noticed that the Control Center music controls do not always work with the spotify app. This also seems to affect Bluetooth controls. The song and time update correctly, but I am unable to switch tracks and pause or res...

• Regular
  • Since updating to 7.0.2 I have noticed that the Control Center music controls do not always work with the spotify app. This also seems to affect Bluetooth controls. The song and time update correctly...
  • R10T
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • control center
    controls
    IOS 7
    iOS 7.0.2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sync kocal files FROM iPhone TO PC?

I have (or had) a bunch of local files on my PC, which I then synced to my iPhone. So far, so good. But then my hard drive crashed. The songs are still on the iPhone, and play fine. Is there any way to sync them back to my PC, or otherwise recover th...

• I have (or had) a bunch of local files on my PC, which I then synced to my iPhone. So far, so good.   But then my hard drive crashed.   The songs are still on the iPhone, and play f...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Related songs gone from app on iPhone4S

Hello everyone!I need your help once more: does anyone know when the feature 'Related songs' is going to reappear in the iPhone app??? It's the best reason to use Spotify for me so I'd really like having it back.Thanks for your help!

• Regular
  • Hello everyone! I need your help once more: does anyone know when the feature 'Related songs' is going to reappear in the iPhone app??? It's the best reason to use Spotify for me so I'd really like ...
  • Elisa23
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS 7 update! (Things users want)

So iOS 7 has been rolled out world wide for a few weeks now and we're yet to see a Spotify update for the products running this latest update, which is unfortunate. Spotify is active at least 2 hours everyday on my iPhone 5 either for listening, brow...

• Casual Listener
  • So iOS 7 has been rolled out world wide for a few weeks now and we're yet to see a Spotify update for the products running this latest update, which is unfortunate. Spotify is active at least 2 hours...
  • jollygood666
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • iOS 7 Upadate
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! spotify will sync some songs and then get stuck

So i just got spotift premium and i'm trying to make my starred playlist available offline. It will work fine for a while but then it will stop and just get stuck on a song and it doesn't matter what song it is as i've tried unstarring a few and it s...

• Regular
  • So i just got spotift premium and i'm trying to make my starred playlist available offline. It will work fine for a while but then it will stop and just get stuck on a song and it doesn't matter what...
  • LaurenceMann
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Help - Spotify no longer streams in car

I am a premium Spotify member for awhile now and I used spotify mostly in my car. Ever since I updated my iPhone to the new iOS spotify will play 30 seconds of a song and then quit on me - only in the car where I never had any issues prior. Has anyon...

• Regular
  • I am a premium Spotify member for awhile now and I used spotify mostly in my car. Ever since I updated my iPhone to the new iOS spotify will play 30 seconds of a song and then quit on me - only in th...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Blank screen when launching Spotify on iphone 4

Hello, It's all in the title, it drives me crazy. Tried to uninstall-reinstall, did nothing. Any solution, anyone?

• Hello,   It's all in the title, it drives me crazy. Tried to uninstall-reinstall, did nothing.   Any solution, anyone?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

0.9.0.8 Updates

I created a new thread since there is no official 0.9.0.8 Release Notes post yet. I just really don't understand Spotify. I have been a paying customer since the very first day it was offered in the U.S. This latest update adds a list of tour stops t...

• Music Fan
  • I created a new thread since there is no official 0.9.0.8 Release Notes post yet.   I just really don't understand Spotify.  I have been a paying customer since the very first day it wa...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.8.0

iOS Release Notes What's new in version 0.8.0 New: Now compatible with iOS 7 Fixed: Some bugs that were irritating us Fictitious: This app cries at weddings#0.8.0 #ReleaseNotes Important to note When reporting issues, always mention what version of t...

MenuAnimation.gif
  • Spotify Legend
  • iOS Release Notes What's new in version 0.8.0 New: Now compatible with iOS 7 Fixed: Some bugs that were irritating us Fictitious: This app cries at weddings #0.8.0 #ReleaseNotes ...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 43 replies
  • 2 likes
    iOS
    Release Notes
  • 43 replies
  • 2 likes

0.9.0.8 crashes on iphone

PREMIUM SERVICE SUBSCRIBER. Okay, the last couple of times I posted issues in the forum I got absolutely no response at all, but I'm going to try again, since I don't find any posts whatsoever about the 0.9.0.8 update. Basically it's the old standard...

• Visitor
  • PREMIUM SERVICE SUBSCRIBER.   Okay, the last couple of times I posted issues in the forum I got absolutely no response at all, but I'm going to try again, since I don't find any posts whatso...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Search is autocorrecting searches before search

Search function is fixing my searches before it's sent to server. At least I think that's what's going on. I searched "The Debauchees" which I assume doesn't exist on Spotify because "Search for 'the debauchery'" is returned instead I search "The Deb...

• Search function is fixing my searches before it's sent to server. At least I think that's what's going on.   I searched "The Debauchees"           which I assume doe...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Strange behaviour spotify app on Ipod touch 3

Since a few weeks I am experiencing very annoying behaviour of my Ipod Spotify app. Some symptoms: - Some playlists are completely or partially greyed out. When I try to play a 'grey' song, it tells me the song is not available on spotify. But it sho...

• Casual Listener
  • Since a few weeks I am experiencing very annoying behaviour of my Ipod Spotify app. Some symptoms: - Some playlists are completely or partially greyed out. When I try to play a 'grey' song, it te...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Music pauses while listening on Iphone

Hi When I listen to music on my Iphone the song always pauses after about 90 seconds, then again a minute later and after the song it all stops. I´m not logged in to another device, i´m sure of that. This problem came a couple of days ago and has con...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   When I listen to music on my Iphone the song always pauses after about 90 seconds, then again a minute later and after the song it all stops. I´m not logged in to another...
  • kunalp13
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files will not sync to iphone 5s

i have just upgraded my iphone and when i sync my tracks the spotify ones are ok but my local tracks show up on the phone but when i play them it just silence can anyone help also spotify is sticking on tracks. how do you resync local tracks that are...

• Casual Listener
  • i have just upgraded my iphone and when i sync my tracks the spotify ones are ok but my local tracks show up on the phone but when i play them it just silence can anyone help also spotify is sticking...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesent recognise premium membership

Hi,I have upgraded to premium so I can use the service offline but the app says I am not a premium member. I do not have a Facebook account so can only use my username

• Hi, I have upgraded to premium so I can use the service offline but the app says I am not a premium member. I do not have a Facebook account so can only use my username
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with syncing with my iPhone

Hey, I have a really annoying problem... I wanna sync my iPhone to my computer, because I just made a new playlist with mp3 files, so I can get the music on my iPhone 5. But my iPhone doesn't show up under "Devices" like this guide says https://suppo...

• Music Fan
  • Hey, I have a really annoying problem... I wanna sync my iPhone to my computer, because I just made a new playlist with mp3 files, so I can get the music on my iPhone 5. But my iPhone doesn't show up...
  • Alexhp
  • Music Fan
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

iphone5 won't sync

I bought an iphone5 and have been trying to sync my playlist (~2,000 songs) to the spotify premium account. It won't sync any more. It synced about 1/3 of the songs and stopped syncing even though I put every list on "available offline" mode. Aside f...

• I bought an iphone5 and have been trying to sync my playlist (~2,000 songs) to the spotify premium account. It won't sync any more. It synced about 1/3 of the songs and stopped syncing even though I ...
  • linguinigenie
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

MMLP2

Itunes has The Marshal Mathers LP2 available for Pre Release Streaming now, is there any plans to pre-stream it on Spotify too? The Sound Quality of the Pre-Stream on Itunes doesn't even compare to Spotifys stream quality. If theres no plans is it go...

• Itunes has The Marshal Mathers LP2 available for Pre Release Streaming now, is there any plans to pre-stream it on Spotify too? The Sound Quality of the Pre-Stream on Itunes doesn't even compare to S...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Nano Music Erased

Hi - I am new to Spotify and I was charging my nano while installation and it requested me to erase music on nano and backup. I cancelled this mid installation however all music has been wiped from my nano and is not saved locally. Is there a way of ...

• Hi - I am new to Spotify and I was charging my nano while installation and it requested me to erase music on nano and backup. I cancelled this mid installation however all music has been wiped from m...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlists all gone after updating Spotify for iOS 7

Hi! I'm a Spotify Premium user. After getting the new iPhone 5S and upgraded to the latest Spotify software for iOS all my playlists, inbox-songs and starred songs wont show. All of this still shows in my account when I'm logged in at Spotify in my M...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!   I'm a Spotify Premium user. After getting the new iPhone 5S and upgraded to the latest Spotify software for iOS all my playlists, inbox-songs and starred songs wont show. All of this s...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes