Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My playlist has not been working it’s been showing the song titles

My playlist has not been working it’s been showing the song titles

• Hello! I’m new to Spotify and something has been going on lately. Instead  of having the image and title it only has the titles of my songs on my playlist. It’s been really annoying please help me!
Screenshot 2022-01-16 at 3.45.08 PM.png
14 Replies

Hey @Kittenbird,

Thanks for posting here.

Could you restart your device, log out and log back in again? Then you can try again adding a playlist cover with these steps.

If that doesn't help, you can log in to your account on another device to check if the cover appears.

Keep in mind that the picture shouldn't violate any copyright, trademark, or personal image rights.

Let us know how it goes.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This doesn’t help, my playlist’s still don’t work. When in a playlist it will only show the song titles, as the same in the picture.

Plan

Free

Device

iPhone 

Operating System

iOS

My Question or Issue

When I click on my playlists' the only thing that shows is the photo, title, and song titles. I'm not able to see the song photo, only the title. The song titles are all grouped together.

IMG_3128.jpg
IMG_3129.jpg

Hey @Paws_,

Thanks for the reply.

Does this happen only with playlists you've created or with all playlists you look at through the app?

If this happens only with certain playlists, do you mind sharing a link to one of them, so we can have a look at it?

On another note, is it possible, that you mean something like the reports in this thread?

Do you want to see the playlist cover or the songs of the playlist listed? We're testing different design layouts as we're constantly striving to improve the user experience on our platform. We'll make sure to pass your feedback on this change to the right team.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

The playlist’s I make, and the playlist’s others make such as band albums, and playlist other users make are effected by this. If I look at mixes there is no issue. 

I do experience something similar to the thread.

Yesterday I made a new account and the same thing happened; I made a playlist and added a song and it only showed the title as seen in the pictures. I also deleted the Spotify mobile app more then twice, cleared all my data, cleared the cache, and logged out.

If I go on my computer there is no issue and I’m able to see the song photo, ect.

Hey @Paws_,

Thanks for the reply with the clarifications.

The layout you've described on the mobile app is the new layout for a free account. We're always trying to improve the user experience and that's why we're testing out new layouts and features on a regular basis.

We're also glad that you shared your feedback on this matter. You can find out more on how your feedback can reach Spotify on this page.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Thanks for explaining! The only thing is I’m not able to click on the music I want to play, and I have to click on the shuffle button. Is there a way to be able to pick the music I want to hear instead of pressing shuffle every time?

Hey @Paws_,

Thanks for the reply.

The functionalities of a free account are limited in comparison to an account with a Premium subscription.

More on the differences between the subscription types you can find out on this page.

You can find out how to get a Premium subscription on this page

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hello!

I'm currently having the same problems. I also can only listen to suggestions. When I try to listen to my playlists, it just starts playing suggested songs.

Hey this is another not-so-new spotify user, I´ve been using spotify for a while now and all of a sudden, starting yesterday last night, my playlists have started to lag, I work over a chromebook and now it won´t let me change the title covers or my playlists, or let me add photo´s to new ones, i´ve tried everything I possibly could, I don´t know if I could have gotten reported or not, but it´s quite concerning and I was wondering how to fix it? I could really use the help. Thanks sm. 

(P.S) This lag has started wayyyy before, it would lag every time I changed the profile photos of my playlists, but I really want a solution and fast!

Screenshot 2023-09-30 8.41.18 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-09-30 8.41.07 PM.png

Hi, will this be forever or will

you change it back so we are able to actually listen to our songs like we want to? Sorry if this sounds mean but it is just frustrating to not be able to listen to the songs I added to my playlist in order or having to search them up one by one anytime. 

I agree very much. I cannot play ANY songs on the spotify app, and with, personal things, it is causing me a LOT of anxiety. My screen looks just like the ones in the pictures, and will not let me play anything. All the answers have been very unsatisfactory on this thread. FIX THIS!!!!!

1. This still doesn’t work on my spotify

Ver I am sorry but your steps do not work and I do love the fact that you tried to help but I'm still stuck on the Exact same things everyone else is and We are in despite need to know how to fix it, if not maybe Spotify Themselves should try and fix it. Please if anyone else is having the same problems, we should ask Spotify to fix it 

Suggested posts