Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My repeat button is missing

Solved!

My repeat button is missing

I do not have the shuffle or the repeat button on my song menu 

Plan

Free

Country

USA 

Device

iPhone 5s 

Operating System

iOS 

My Question or Issue

I don’t have the repeat or the suffle option on my song menu.

0EAC803A-4127-4755-8BB5-EDA4E0554174.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey everyone, 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Keep in mind that this is an expected behavior when using the free service. Since Shuffle mode is the default for free users, there are no Shuffle or Repeat buttons. 

If you're on Premium and you're experiencing this issue:

• Make sure you're checking in the right place. The Shuffle button will only appear in the Now Playing View or at the top of your playlists when you open them. 
  • Make sure you're not listening to recommended songs. This option will not appear since the recommendations are on Shuffle.
  • If none of the above are the case, make sure to try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps. It might help if it's a cache issue.

In case you're still experiencing issues, feel free to reach out in this thread or create a new one in the relevant Help Board.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hey @Jaelix05! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound cool.

Just to confirm, could you let me know if the issue persists after reinstalling the app

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace

Thank you for your help!

@Jaelix05 

You're welcome!^^

Peace

Okay so I re installed the app and it had the repeat and shuffle button but after I closed the app and then re opened it...it was gone. Do have any ideas what happened?

Hey @Jaelix05,welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Currently those buttons are only available in shuffle free playlists. Because you're in the free tier you're tied to a shuffle mode. Check this article for on on Spotify free on mobile.

If you'd like you could upgrade anytime to Premium.

Hope it helps 🙂

The reason for this is that you do not have premium you can have the repaeat on daily mixes and other free playlists. Please Like trying to get rockstar

Oh thank you so much I will definitely consider joined premium if that’s the case

Hey @Jaelix05,

Here's an article to learn more about Sptofiy Premium and it's features.

If you need help with anything else don't I'll be right here 🙂

Except I have Spotify Free tier and Web Player has repeat button. Sounds silly that you have to pay for premium on the Spotify app to access the repeat button, when it's free for me on Web Player.

i totally agree with you. i have premium and mine is still gone. sounds like ill be using web player. thank you for the info!

What is a shuffle free playlist? Does this mean I have to upgrade to premium to get the loop button back? Honestly that sounds bad.

Cane here for the same reason. I have premium yet do not have a repeat button

Hey @Deiakon,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

If you are using a Premium account and can't find the repeat button, could you share a screenshot of where exactly you're looking for it?

We can then get a clear view of what is going on on your end.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Marked as solution

Hey everyone, 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Keep in mind that this is an expected behavior when using the free service. Since Shuffle mode is the default for free users, there are no Shuffle or Repeat buttons. 

If you're on Premium and you're experiencing this issue:

• Make sure you're checking in the right place. The Shuffle button will only appear in the Now Playing View or at the top of your playlists when you open them. 
  • Make sure you're not listening to recommended songs. This option will not appear since the recommendations are on Shuffle.
  • If none of the above are the case, make sure to try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps. It might help if it's a cache issue.

In case you're still experiencing issues, feel free to reach out in this thread or create a new one in the relevant Help Board.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts