Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Layout

New Layout

I have two Spotify accounts. Both only have a FREE subscription. One of the accounts only has 3 buttons at the bottom (+ premium), while the other has the standard 5. I switched to the 5 button account to the 3 button account because more of my playlists are there, my entire music catalogue is there and it’s just easier for me. However, I really dislike the new layout. It completely over complicates everything. It’s not user friendly at all. Especially not for new users. I’ve used Spotify for the past 4 years and every update has been an improvement, until the most recent.

I was wondering if there was a way to choose the preferred layout, and if it, can the designers please implement this function.

I miss the user friendly layout and seriously hope the company does not choose to fully go through with it. If so, I may be forced to not use it on my iOS devices anymore. The previous layout was perfect and I hope that it does not change.

I really hope that Spotify does not turn into Snapchat in regards to layout and user friendliness.

9 Replies

i still like Apple Music's layout better most of the time

wish they'd do a complete overhaul of this app layout and let us vote on what we want to see, and see then what can / cannot be implemented 

Can you clarify which layout you prefer? The 5 or 3 tabs? 

5 button is highly preferred. Terrible decision to switch it to the 3.

I have two accounts. One is free, and the other is premium. However, the free account was only the one that's affected by this update. Does this mean the Premium users won't be affected by this horrible, horrible layout?

The new layout only effects free users. They want free users to upgrade to premium. Tbh it's totally worth 10$ but They should probably change some things because I can tell it's causing problems for people.

Oh god I was wondering if I was going crazy, spent hours trying to figure out why the UI was completely broken. I was setting up a Spotify account for my parents and made them back to back and they both had completely different UI from each other for the exact same phone and spotify version. This new UI is horrible to the point where they can't even use it. It won't even let them play music, it's just 5 seconds clips.

Really? 5 second clips sounds more like a glitch. I would email Spotify and tell them how disfunctional the new layout is if it continues to give you problems. This makes me glad I switched to premium. 

The 5 seconds are totally intentional. You know where when you search an album and if gives you the top 5 songs? That's completely gone from the new layout, and it was replaced with a link to a bunch of songs to try out for 5 seconds (They fully complete at that long). Even adding these songs to your playlist adds these trial songs.

I would try looking through all the music by that artist and see if you can find the full versions of those songs. It's possible that those are just to try out and aren't supposed to be added to a playlist.

Suggested posts