Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Your Library test (iOS & Android)

Solved!

New Your Library test (iOS & Android)

Spotify is testing a new version of Your Library in the mobile app with select users. There is currently no way to sign up for this test without being invited, but we thank you for your interest. 

This thread is your go-to destination for asking questions, getting help for issues you may have, as well as to share your impressions and feedback on this new version of Your Library.

Note: Some of the screenshots shown might be slightly different than the latest version of the test

What's new?

• See your entire collection in one simple list
  • Easy filters to find your favorites, faster
  • More control at your fingertips with a new grid view
  • Unified search allows you to search through your entire collection and see your recent searches
  • Faster settings navigation allows you to tap on your profile picture to get to settings faster

Here is a walkthrough of what's new:

One simple list:

Your Library is now one simple list. At the top, tap the filters to filter the content you want to see and tap on the sort options to change the sort order of the list.

IMG_8377.PNG

Filter Options:

At the top, tap the filters to filter the content you want to see. Tap the X and then chose another filter to see another type of content. Having no filter selected will show all types of content in the list.

• Playlists
  • Artists
  • Albums
  • Podcasts
  • Downloaded

IMG_8432.PNG

Sort Options:

At the top, tap on the sort options to change the sort order of the list.

• Most relevant
  • Recently played
  • Recently added
  • Alphabetical
  • Creator

IMG_8433.PNG

New grid view:

Are you a visual person? You're in control. With the new grid view you can view Your Library with bigger artwork if that's your jam. This is great for when you're on the go or in the car so you can find what you're looking for faster. To switch to the grid view, tap on the squares icon to the right. Tap on it again to go back to list view.

IMG_8378.PNG

New unified search:

The new unified search can be accessed by tapping the search icon in the top right. This new search allows you to quickly search through your entire library without having to go to a specific content section.

IMG_8379.PNG

Recent searches:

The new unified search also shows you your most recent Your Library searches so you can quickly get back to what you previously searched for.

IMG_8451.PNG

Note: Remember that this is a test and features may change during the new Your Library test. Features in this test might not end up being generally released. The purpose of this test is to gather feedback and help improve the new Your Library. Please read this help article for more information about Spotify feature testing.

The other Stars and I got the chance to test the new mobile Your Library first and now more users will be able to test it out and give their feedback to the team. If you are a passionate Spotify user and would like to join the Spotify Star Program and be part of cool experiences like this then check out this page.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
120 Replies

In the last Spotify update on mobile they changed the library. You can no longer sort by custom like on your desktop. I understand that the addition of albums in the same section might be a problem but I don't like them mixed anyways. It should be no big deal to put the feature back into the app. And for me and possibly many others it would be super helpful. 

The Spotify app was recently updated within the last couple weeks and for some reason the identifier for whether or not you played an episode got way smaller and was turned gray, it's the basically smallest writing on the post. 

When I'm looking for something to listen to that's old, (JRE for example) there's barely anything that tells me I've listened to an episode before other than that small gray checkmark (there's no way you're seeing this if you're scrolling the list quickly).

The episodes that I can tell for sure I listened to, are the ones where I stopped the pod a minute before the end and it left a green bar under the pod title, at least now I know I actually listened to those all the way through.

Please add something (like you used to have a few weeks ago) to the episode titles that significantly show that they've been heard in the past, like, I don't know, maybe a big green over kill check mark that you use for "my episodes" (still don't understand the point of this, I just go to downloads, its the same list twice).

@MattSuda

Thanks for this. I guess I just have to wait for the newest update to be available so I can get my custom order back. I'm on Android and it's not updated yet. My custom order had all my playlists in categories, I really miss that! 

+1000 
I can't believe there's no way to opt out of this view.  PLEASE RESTORE MY ABILITY TO LISTEN TO RECENT PODCAST EPISODES PAINLESSLY!!!!

I'm having the same problem on iPhone and it's incredibly frustrating

I can't find my "New episode" section in this new library (Android). The other library was much better, but fixing this issue will be enough for me.

@mattsuda

Do you have any information about what is being tested? What I mean is whether they're testing user reaction (in which case it would have been helpful to tell me I was in a test group and give me a way to provide feedback other than me stumbling around in the dark until I found this thread) or is it a technical behind the scenes test (in which case I'm afraid the only data they're getting from me is that I'm logging out and back in multiple times a day in order to avoid this interface which can't be very helpful except as further proof of the kind of complaints about the user experience you'd want from the other kind of testing).
If there are actual Spotify technicians reading this, I'd actually love to help with testing (either kind) but I'd really rather know that I'm in a test group and have an official way to report back (if it's that kind of test) and a way to get out once I've done so (if I don't like it, obviously I'd love early versions of stuff I like).
This post confirmed that it's a test of some sort and I'm thankful for that. But why is this all such a mystery?

This looks amazing! I hope it gets rolled out widely to both Android and iOS!

Podcasts in "my library" are no longer sorted by recently updated. This makes it virtually impossible to find updated podcasts without going through my entire library of podcast subscriptions. This is not acceptable UI for a podcast app. I am a premium subscriber, but this is a deal breaker for me. Please fix this issue or I will have to cancel my subscription. 

Hello, is it possible to resign from this test? I'm about to delete my family account. 

Why is it not possible to get a page with the most recent added podcast episodes as it was in the normal version?? Without this feature Spotify is useless for me. And that's so sad because i used to love this app and was listening to spotify all day. Please put me back to the normal version. PLEASE 🙏

How can I opt out of this test?

Lucky!! I’ve been trying to get my custom order back for over a week, I’m so jealous!

Podcast UX is worse. Sorting new episodes and accessing downloads is harder. Very frustrating for a heavy podcast user.

Old menu was restored today YES !! So glad to have it back. Separate music and podcast menus are key. Clean and easy to use.

I posted on this thread earlier with complaints and today I noticed my UI has been changed back to the old layout, thank you! Hoping other folks here have had a similar change, but if not shout it out and get reverted like me. 

Same! I’m glad to see that they listened and I’m even more glad to have a functioning and intuitive interface back for the podcast section!!

I guess the test is over. Glad to not have to keep logging out and back in to make Spotify workable. Hopefully, this particular update will head back to the drawing board instead getting rolled out. Turned off automatic updates just in case. It'd be a shame to miss an update that I'd want, but this way maybe I can avoid the ones I don't want.

Any inside information about overall test vibes? How did the rock stars respond? What are the odds that some version of this really happens more permanently?

I would just like to say that the UI change was a huge improvement over the feature-lacking "podcast" update from 2019. I actually significantly lowered my use after that update since the 'recently played' section was reduced to a few artists rather than the previous 30 (mixed albums/artists layout). 

Having everything in one list was great for quickly keeping track of my usage, and the bubble categories were very intuitive. I don't use this app for podcasts, but I agree with the other user's mention of podcasts mixed with music being a problem. I didn't experience any bugs, so I didn't experience the problems others reported.

Hopefully this gets cleaned up and rolled out as an official version. Or at the very least an .apk of this UI. Until then I guess I'll go back to April 2019 edition with no release date info. Can't have it all.

Thanks everyone for posting your feedback so far! It'll help the team at Spotify know how the test is going and what everyone is thinking. I won't be able to answer every question about the test but I will be able to help with questions about using the new library.

The test is still ongoing and it has not ended. Part of testing a feature is testing different groups of people. In the support article it mentions you may get a new feature to test temporarily. To find out more info about Spotify feature testing you can read this help article.

MattSudaSpotify Star

@Maryssa1994 

How do I sort my playlists by custom order?

To sort your playlists by custom order, first tap on the playlists filter and then tap on the sort options and change it to "custom order".

customplaylistorder.png

MattSudaSpotify Star

Great that Spotify is testing new UIs but the podcast experience was a huge downgrade in this iteration.

Suggested posts