New Your Library test (iOS & Android)

Re: New Your Library test (iOS & Android)

stekkerbox
  1. Will Android actually get this? We didn't get the other update either that was promised...

forgiveninasong
Music Fan

Logging out and back in again did nothing. I want my custom view back!! Please help! 

Inudesu
Music Fan
Let's hope not.

Inudesu
Music Fan
It's gone back to this trash view 4-5 times on me. So far logging out and restarting the app and then logging back in has fixed it each time.

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@nathanjl @Guinaroberts @sjsully21 @Inudesu @dani_98 @forgiveninasong 

Thank you for posting your feedback. These are the latest updates to the Your Library test. Make sure your app is up to date with the latest version.

March 1, 2021 (app version 8.6.6):

• You can now sort the playlists view by custom order. First tap on the playlists filter and then tap on the sort options and change it to "custom order".

customplaylistorder.png

• A section for new podcast episodes has been added

newepisodes.png

How do I sort my playlists by custom order?

To sort your playlists by custom order, first tap on the playlists filter and then tap on the sort options and change it to "custom order".

How do I see the latest podcast episodes?

There is a section called "New Episodes" that shows you the latest updates.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

shoegazer69
Casual Listener

I am not sure how I got into this test group, but it has my use case for podcast episodes unusable.  I am used to going to podcasts and being able to see new episodes in reverse chronological order, like an "inbox" for me to listen to.

The custom sort order seems promising, but I don't see it in my app, v8.6.4.971 Android.  I'd really like to get off this train or find a solution... now I am relegated to sitting down every few hours and going through the list of podcasts I'm following and look for any that say "Updated today"

sjsully21
Casual Listener
I do not yet have the option to update to this version -- I'm still stuck on 8.6.4.971. Custom sort on playlists will be nice to have back (assuming I am actually able to update and get this back at some point), but this still does not address my biggest issues with the latest update: 1) being able to view a list of all my downloaded podcast episodes, and 2) being able to sort my followed podcasts by which shows have added new episodes most recently.

These are such critical and basic functions I truly cannot fathom why there were ever removed. If they aren't addressed ASAP, I will be finding a new app to listen to podcasts, which I'd rather not do when Spotify worked so well previously.

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@sjsully21 @shoegazer69 

Sorry for the confusion. I was trying to wait until both iOS and Android apps were updated before posting. The iOS app was just updated to 8.6.6 about 2 days ago and I looked at the Android app store and it shows the app was updated earlier last week. Unfortunately Google doesn't display the app version numbers on the website. The Android app should hopefully be updated soon. I am a user like everyone else here, just trying my best to help out.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

[Android][Podcasts] Sort Podcasts by New Episodes! Latest update completely broke the podcast feed!

jamator

The latest Android update has completely broken the podcast feed! Who thought it was a good idea to remove the option to sort podcasts by new episodes!? There is now no feed or sorting option that shows new podcast episodes. You have to literally go through every podcast individually and look for new episodes. This has made Spotify completely unusable for podcasts. If this isn't fixed, I'll genuinely cancel my Spotify subscription. 

Inudesu
Music Fan
Spoiler
That's still way worse than status quo. Any idea about how to keep this awful view from resetting all the time? Would turning off auto updates make it stop? I have been able to get back to the normal view by logging out and back in so far, but it's annoying to have to keep doing that.
SUGGESTED POSTS