New Your Library test (iOS & Android)

Re: New Your Library test (iOS only)

Inudesu
Music Fan
I also either got randomly selected to test without knowing it or else this horrible update is just being rolled out. I really don't like it. Sometimes I download podcast episodes of podcasts I don't follow - and now there is no way to find those. I also like having a list of downloaded podcasts (why would I want a list of podcasts from which I've downloaded an episode where I still have to open the podcast and scroll to find the episode I downloaded?). And I can't see podcasts sorted by most recent updates anymore. This is all losses for no gains. None of the new"advantages" of this update appeal to me at all. I really hope I'm in a test group and this isn't permanent. It's so bad.

Re: New Your Library test (iOS & Android)

dani_98
Roadie

I received the test and I liked it but I had to contact costumer service to change it back because I absolutely hated how they got rid of the separation of podcasts and music and especially how the new episode page was gone. I switched over from apple podcasts specifically for the feature of having a sort of news feed of new podcast episodes and when that was gone I was so dissapointed! I’m glad I got it back to normal but some of the features were cool. 

forgiveninasong
Music Fan
I hate that I've lost my custom order of playlists. I have many playlists for my daughter that were sorted, as well as so many other different categories. It's a grave mistake removing this custom option. Finding a playlist now is a nightmare. And no, I don't want to have to use the search option every time.

Inudesu
Music Fan
How did you get it back to the previous view? You called and they just fixed it?

forgiveninasong
Music Fan

I also want to know this! I *hate* that I've got this new view and want my old customised order back! 

Inudesu
Music Fan

The Spotify Cares twitter feed helped me out. I was able to get the old view back by just logging out and closing the app, then logging back in. It's come back once, but same solution fixed it.

Re: New Your Library test (iOS only)

Inudesu
Music Fan
@Alex So my issue with this advice is that if this library view is coming as a permanent update, that's actually a really really strong argument for turning the automatic updates off. Because it's not better, and the current view is better.
I understand why this might be best practice in general, but if I knew this change was for sure coming as a non-reversable edit, I'd skip any mew updates as long as possible (or at least until there was enough negative feedback that they enabled a "classic view" or improved it or scraped it).

If you don't want the latest updates because they're bad - it's not helpful to get those updates automatically.

Re: Your Library Podcast Layout

JohnsFontbook
Casual Listener

Couldn’t agree more. I’m glad to see others are having the same issues that I am. The old sorting system worked just fine especially because I listen to many different podcasts and now I have to look at each individually.

dani_98
Roadie
update: it went back to the test version again?? Can I get rid of it permanently??

dani_98
Roadie
I got mine back by deleting the app completely and redownloading it, but after about a day it went back to the test version again 😞
SUGGESTED POSTS