Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Next From: Songs, automatically changing.

Next From: Songs, automatically changing.

Device: iPhone 6

Subscription: Premium

Speakers: Bose Soundbar 300 W/Sub using WiFi connectivity.

Video

Video 2

All apps, phone, and speakers are fully updated to the latest software.

Issue: You can get a better idea of the issue I’m talking about from the attached video. Basically, I will play a song from my (songs) catagory and instead of playing the correct next song in order it will change to other songs. It will always switch to these other songs in the same order.  I can then press randomize and then I press it to get the correct songs to come back but they will quickly change again.

I have deleted all data related to the Spotify app and re installed, deleted the Bose connect app and re installed, factory reset my speakers and set them up from scratch again, and reset my internet. At this point I do not have any ideas on what to do. Please help.

12 Replies

Hey @Gruber64.

Thanks for reaching out to us here and for sending us those videos. We'll be glad to help you out 🙂

Could you confirm that this is only happening when you are using the Connect feature with your Bose Soundbar? 

In any case, I know you've already reinstalled, but would you mind performing a clean reinstall by following the exact steps outlined here? This can solve many common problems that our users experience.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be here if you need any further help 🙂

I have the exact same issue with my playlist on a Yamaha speaker. I start random playing, and the list of songs quickly changed to always the same songs in the same order. The shuffle function just does not seem to work correctly any more. 

To me it seems linked to the last update of the app. 

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and data without success. The problem is still there.

what can I do please?

After doing fresh reinstalls again (on everything) I still had the problem. However, I got fed up with the “I Might” by Honne song because it kept playing over and over and over again. I ended up unliking the song from my Spotify account and then BAM! Everything worked fine. I have absolutely no clue why that happened or what changed but I haven’t run into the problem again. I have been too scared to re-like the song for fear of the issue coming back.

So I guess the problem is sorta solved at least temporarily. However I’m not sure which song I might “like” could set it off again.

Hey @Gruber64.

Haha! Well, we're glad the issue was resolved for you - no idea what it could have been to be honest, but in any case, make sure to get in touch with us if it happens again 🙂

@vancou350 - are you still experiencing this issue? If so, could we ask you to try unliking any song in Your Library and seeing if that restores things to normal? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

It seems reinstalling the app and updating the yamaha speaker app has improved things. Deleting songs did nothing.

I will have to let a few days go by to see if all works really well or not. This problem only happens when I listen on my yamaha device via wifi. If I play the playlist (which countains over 1000 songs) straight on my phone or via bluetooth everything works fine.

I will keep you updated on this post

Hey @vancou350.

Thanks for letting us know - we'll be here in case you need us 🙂

All the best for now!

I hate to say it but the problem is happening again. The same issue as was in the videos, just with different songs. I did a fresh install with all my devices again but the problem is back. There must be some issue with Spotify linking with the Bose SoundTouch app. 

I just checked on my sound Bose and the Yamaha devices. The problem is still there. That shuffle mode does not work and keeps playing the same 50 odd songs from my over 1000 and playlist. This however only happens when using the app via WiFi. If I set shuffle when playing straight on the phone there is no problem. When I send it to the sound Bose or Yamaha via Bluetooth there is no problem either. But as soon as I send the sound through the WiFi via the app the titles change to always the same songs again.

To me there is clearly a problem with the app itself. I even changed phone this week end to the last iPhone Xs and had to totally reinstall and reconnect my Spotify. Still the problem is still here.

I hope you will help with this issue.

Hey @vancou350 and @Gruber64,

Thanks for getting back to us on this.

We've identified a thread in the Community which has more information on the issue you're experiencing - just head over here.

Hope that helps! Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you 🙂

Hello. Yes it seems like the same problem. I guess I will just have to wait for a fix.

thank you for getting back to us.

I seem to be having a similar issue.

Device: Android 8.0.0, LG V30+

Subscription: Premium

Car Stereo: Kenwood Excelon DPX793BH using either Bluetooth Audio or Spotify Bluetooth

Whenever I connect to my car stereo's Bluetooth, the songs in my "Next From:" list are completely changed. This happens when using either the Bluetooth Audio or Spotify Bluetooth connections. My Spotify app and car stereo's firmware are both the latest versions and I have already performed a clean reinstall of Spotify on my phone with no change. Any ideas?

Hey @Ezzor,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

Could you try connecting your device to another Bluetooth-enabled device other than your car stereo and see if you can reproduce the issue?

Keep us posted 🙂

Suggested posts