Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback Slider is Bugged

Playback Slider is Bugged

Plan

Premium

Country

United States of America

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 14.7.1

My Question or Issue

I am having a problem with the Spotify iOS app where I’ll be playing a song on the app and when I go back to the app the slider starts from the beginning even though the song could be midway through or even near the end. If you try to use the slider or start the song from the beginning then the slider goes to the beginning but the music continues on like the slider is not affecting it. Also, the media controls in the Control Center don’t affect the playback either. If you tap the rewind button twice in a row in the app then it just closes down your currently playing playlist. I have tried clearing my cache, restarting my phone, and signing out and back into the app, so I believe this is a problem with the app. I just wanted let you all be aware of it so you can look into it further. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

1 Reply

Hey @MusicMan48,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far are very good. We'd like to add a few more.

You can give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. This one is more thorough than the usual one.

It's also a good idea to try with another account on the same device to see if the issue persists. Are there any changes?

In case nothing changes, could you send us a video recording of what you're seeing? We'll look into this further.

Let us know how it goes. 

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts