Premium

Country

Norway

Device

(iPhone 11

Operating System

(iOS 

My Question or Issue

Why can’t I play podcasts through Spotify connect to my WiFi speaker? Since Spotify has used so much time and effort to make Spotify a good library for podcasts I think it’s weird that this is not supported yet. Saw this issue being raised as early as 2018 and there is still no solution?

please fix so I can listen to podcast trough my WiFi speakers.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Meeger,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Unfortunately, some speakers are unable to play podcasts via Spotify Connect, as podcasts are considered mixed media.

However, there is a Live Idea in the Ideas Exchange of the Spotify Community for being able to stream podcasts via Connect to all platforms. If this is something you’re interested in, I recommend adding your +VOTE to this Idea; the more votes an Idea gets, the likelier it is that Spotify will implement it, and you can read more about how feedback on Ideas reaches Spotify here.

Let us know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @Meeger,

Unfortunately, some speakers are unable to play podcasts via Spotify Connect, as podcasts are considered mixed media.

However, there is a Live Idea in the Ideas Exchange of the Spotify Community for being able to stream podcasts via Connect to all platforms. If this is something you’re interested in, I recommend adding your +VOTE to this Idea; the more votes an Idea gets, the likelier it is that Spotify will implement it, and you can read more about how feedback on Ideas reaches Spotify here.

Let us know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Hello Trey,

Not sure how Spotify handling this issue here, could you explain why podcasts are considered as mixed midea, and why wireless speaker cannot plan it via spotify connect while all other competitors have no such issue?

Play podcast via wireless speaker is a common user scenario, and to ne this is a bug that need to be fixed with priority, not a new feature that can wait for user to vote, no mention lots of users don't know where to vote for it. 

So please fix it. Dont push users away for alternatives.

Thanks 

David Kao 

Hi @davykao,

Spotify is currently aware of an Ongoing Issue causing users not to be able to play podcasts over Connect.

I recommend keeping your app updated and your devices running the latest firmware, as Spotify’s teams are currently working on this.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star

I´ve the same PRoblem. Podcast will not play on spotify connect; if i chouse one - all my devices are greyed out - and when i switsch from music to podcast - it´s an german one - https://open.spotify.com/episode/13Bmox7CsJzLnEwWwnFTO8 - the second is: https://open.spotify.com/episode/2fPQ7USX6Kcb4uWEcjKiDl?si=ebdabe51df0840b1 - from all devices )app on Mac, ios APP, web player app - they will not play on my spotify connect devices like my denon

aVR-x3000, my amazon echo studio or amazon Echo Dot. I think it´s an content related problem - can  you help me?

Is there any update on this. This restriction is extremely irritating.

Hi @koobrewop and @CoillNaCuach,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

I suggest posting your relevant info in this thread, as mentioned in the Top Answer there, and the Community Moderator team will pass on the info to Spotify’s tech team.

Also, if you haven’t done so already, I’d recommend adding your +VOTE to this Live Idea. The more votes an idea gets, the likelier it is that Spotify will implement it, and you can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

You can also Subscribe to the idea by clicking the three dots next to its title; that way, you can be sure to be informed of any relevant updates.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star

This is absolutely hopeless. Suggesting that this issue is an "idea" that will be fixed if it gets enough votes is a pitiful way to support your products. As I see it, Spotify has a duty to support the Spotify Connect platform - which it obviously created and was used to sell speakers to consumers - and if that platform cannot support the basic functionality that you would expect from a $20 bluetooth speaker, then you need to fix it whether it gets 1 vote or 1,000,000 votes. I bought a Spotify Connect speaker in good faith, and it's outrageous that I can't use it to play podcasts.

have the exact same issue, can well play music from mobile to surround system, but no podcasts, all cleaned up, memory ok. as suggested, so not an issue with this obviously, is all falls back on its Spotify's own system, you guys fix this asap. We pay premium subscription and the price just risen, but we can receive not full service, it is not okay at all- its also very dissatisfying that you do not offer customer and technical service, we pay enough as it is. Spotify owns it to the many customers to solve its own problems on its own and give quality service, as well as protection from hackers. DK customers, October, 2023.

Premium

Country CH

Device S22 Ultra

Android

My Question or Issue

hey there yesterday I stumbled upon a wierd bug (or feature?) of spotify connect:

I was setting up my multiroom setup (Samsung Multiroom, it's deprecated and "officially" discontinued but still works fine in 2.4GHz WiFi) and streaming through spotify connect a playlist of mine.

However - as soon as I want to switch to a podcast or news show (both considered as type "show" according to the spotify dev documentation), my multiroom devices appear greyed out with the message "this song cannot be played". as soon as I switch back to a "regular" of my playlist, the devices are available again.

So what is happening here? tried on different devices, different android, even on windows. Works fine when connected over bluetooth, but over WiFi no chance.Works fine with Sonos/JBL

Because the team never answered it. The solution is simple,but a bit annoying.

If you are close enough, you can just switch to Bluetooth, choose your smartphone as source and connect via Bluetooth to your sound system/speaker.

Then you can listen to podcasts.

I also can't understand why they don't fix it.

But that will definitely work!

Suggested posts