Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist Not shuffling, other playlists only playing one track.

Solved!

Playlist Not shuffling, other playlists only playing one track.

This problem impacts only on iPhone 7 using iOS 12.3.1, using Spotify App version 8.5.16.642. For simplicity, I will refer to playlists and tracks in generic terms.

I usually listen to Playlist 1, and shuffle through the tracks. There are around 1200 songs in the playlist. Recently the playlist will no longer shuffle the order at all, just playing through in the order of the playlist.

If I try to play Playlist 2, SPotify will play the first track from Playlist 2, then continue playing from Playlist 1.

No matter how many timmes I click shuffle on and off, nothing changes. I have rebooted the iPhone, I have deleted the app and reinstalled, I have logged out of my account and logged in as my son. 

None of this works and I am still having the same issue. Really frustrating. I have searched through the forums and can't find this issue reported elsewhere. I am able to use my account on another iPhone, an iPad and also via the Sonos app without any issues. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @DaveNSyd

Hope you are doing well, despite your troubles here. This sounds like your queue might be filled with all the songs from playlist 1 (in order). I wrote a lengthy post here that explains what the queue is, how it works, and how to clear it. 

Hope this helps!

-Dani

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @DaveNSyd

Hope you are doing well, despite your troubles here. This sounds like your queue might be filled with all the songs from playlist 1 (in order). I wrote a lengthy post here that explains what the queue is, how it works, and how to clear it. 

Hope this helps!

-Dani

Hi DanifC

thanks for taking the time to reply - this has fixed my problem, much appreciated. 

Cheers

David

Hi David,

I'm so glad this worked for you! Happy to help. Happy listening, and have a great night!

-Dani 

Suggested posts