Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist order changes when offline

Playlist order changes when offline

I've rearranged the order of my playlists on my desktop, and it syncs fine with my iPhone when it's online. But when I'm not on wifi or data, the playlists on my phone change order (even though it's filtered by "personalized"). Super annoying that it reverts back to a random order when I'm offline. Anyone know how to fix this?

Just to be clear, I'm talking about the order of my playlists and not the songs within them.

10 Replies

Hey @roxana9880, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you make sure that Custom order is selected as an ordering filter?

Keep me posted 🙂

Yes it is! The order is right when I'm online but not offline

Yes it is! The order is right when I'm online but not offline

Same.! The closest I can get is set a filter to downloads

Hey there @roxana9880

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on both your iPhone and PC? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. This tends to solve issues with the app's synchronization between devices.

Give your devices a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

Hope this helps. We'll look out for your reply!

That didnt help i reinstalled 2500k+ songs for nothing

didnt help

Same Problem...even normal albums are changing order when going offline...super annoying...the songs are shown in the wrong order but play in the right order... I am confused

Is there really no solution to this? Seems like it could be a pretty easy fix on Spotify’s end to keep it from changing.. the issue is so annoying when you have a lot of playlists!

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

Can you check if the issue persists on another device? That way we can see if it is a device or account-related issue.

If you've any cache-clearing apps, you can set Spotify as an exception from the app's settings. 

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts