Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Podcasts don’t change to following track when finished playing

Podcasts don’t change to following track when finished playing

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(IPHONE 13Pro)

Operating System

(iOS 17.5.1)

My Question or Issue

When podcasts finish playing, they don’t change to the next audio track. It somehow goes back to the beginning of the podcast and it’s getting rather annoying. It seems like Spotify keeps adding unnecessary features like jams, adding 3 dot menus to queue list… and others rather than fixing already existing issues. Focus on the features that people like and need improving rather than adding additional

features that just will cause the app to be more dysfunctional. 

6 Replies

Hi @itsmetommyve,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for sharing these details with us!

To start investigating this behavior, could you let us know if this happens with a specific episode or podcast? Have you tested this on another device to see if Spotify behaves any different?

Make sure that you've not accidentally added the same podcast episode in the queue so that when it finishes, Spotify will play the same one. 

However, if your queue is empty then I recommend clearing the cache within the app as it can cause different performance issues and then to log out > log back in twice in a row in order to resync your account data. 

Thanks and keep us posted 🙂

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

it happens with every podcast, but i dont really use spotify on any other device frequently enough to know if its an issue across the board.

-Tommy

Hey @itsmetommyve,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Just to confirm, did you notice any difference after emptying the queue and clearing stored cache, as mentioned earlier in the thread by @Ivelina?

Another option is to do a clean reinstall. This will clear any saved cache too, as well as ensure that you're running the latest app version.

Let us know how you get on.

MariaModerator

I will try these solutions when I am able. Thank you

I’ve cleared the cache. Deleted and redownloaded the app. And the episode is only added to the queue once. It’s still doing this weird glitch where the episode bounces back to the beginning when it ends rather than changing to the next song. 

Hi @itsmetommyve,

Thanks for the cooperation!

Would you mind testing if this happens using the Web Player instead of the mobile app? Can you also check if Offline Mode is turned off in the app settings?

It'd also be great if you can send us a screen recording of what's happening so that we can take a closer look and try to reproduce on our end. If the file is too large to attach, you can upload it to Google Drive (make sure to allow general access to the file) or as an unlisted YouTube video.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

DessiModerator

Suggested posts