Plan

Premium

Country

Italy

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 11.4

Hello everyone, I state that is the first time I write here, I hope to be in the right place and in the right section. I have now Spotify for almost six years (premium), and only a few weeks I start to give problems with music, in the sense, I have all the music downloaded on my phone, so that I can listen to it even without the internet turned on, I note though that every morning I do not know how come , many songs take off from the download, and I always have to download them again, it starts a little ' to break this thing... one morning you have to download fifty, one morning a hundred fifty, and so on... has it ever happened? How do I solve?

11 Replies

I would say check to make sure that theres enough storage on your phone cause it may be acting up cause you have all your songs saved. I know that wasn't much but I hope it helps 🙂

I seem to also have the same problem.  It's as if the downloaded music to my phone needs to be 're-loaded'.  So the app downloads the songs again to the offline saved playlist/album.  Of a morning the number of songs will be heaps (more than 50), and during the day it can also 're-load' and be 5-15 songs.  Some playlists i know get updated, but I wouldnt see a 100+ single playlist be fully re-loaded.  

I have plenty of free space on my phone, storage isnt the problem.  

It's just frustraing that this is happening as i cannot leave the cellular download option on, as it will eat through all my data.  Wifi download is the only way.  

It's hard to tell what the real problem is.  Only spotify can answer this one.  

Hi,

I have the exact same problem. While some songs seems to be always all right, others appear with the green arrow while online, but as soon as I go offline, they are no more downloaded. This happens in different playlists, and just to some songs. Enough space on device. It seems to be a problem more than two years old, without Spotify having found a solution???

Thanks a lot for the answer... but I have two hundred and six gigabytes on the phone... I do not think that's the problem!

I'm the same.  Have ample free space on my iPhone 7+.  

What ive done now is remove the app from my phone, re-downloaded the app again, selected some of my playlists to be offline and downloaded again.  Though i've noticed that its still doing this weird download thing again - not the 50-100 tracks like before yet.

I have been trying to find others that have the same issue on here, and there are. For example: https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Downloads-removed-completely-at-random/td-p/4524774

One suggestion from here was to check your account settings online for the offline devices as spotify might have duplicated up.  

I noticed this on my account, so i've removed the older phone from my list, fingers crossed this works.

@drfreak wrote:

I'm the same.  Have ample free space on my iPhone 7+.  

What ive done now is remove the app from my phone, re-downloaded the app again, selected some of my playlists to be offline and downloaded again.  Though i've noticed that its still doing this weird download thing again - not the 50-100 tracks like before yet.

I have been trying to find others that have the same issue on here, and there are. For example: https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Downloads-removed-completely-at-random/td-p/4524774

One suggestion from here was to check your account settings online for the offline devices as spotify might have duplicated up.  

I noticed this on my account, so i've removed the older phone from my list, fingers crossed this works.

Thanks for the answer, I thought the same thing... The problem is that I have almost 3000 songs downloaded... and the last thing I wanted to do was to redownload them all, but in fact, I will try this too...

Hi. Searching for information, I found a solution given by other users. Not sure if this will work properly in the long run, up to now it has done the job.

- Go to the Spotify website, in your account remove all the devices you have under the "Offline devices" (not sure about the exact name) menu.

- Remove the app from the iPhone.

- Redownload the app.

- Mark the playlists as available online once again.

This means that Spotify will have to redownload all the songs again.

It seems to be working, although lets see what happens in a couple of days/weeks.

@joabla wrote:

Hi. Searching for information, I found a solution given by other users. Not sure if this will work properly in the long run, up to now it has done the job.

- Go to the Spotify website, in your account remove all the devices you have under the "Offline devices" (not sure about the exact name) menu.

- Remove the app from the iPhone.

- Redownload the app.

- Mark the playlists as available online once again.

This means that Spotify will have to redownload all the songs again.

It seems to be working, although lets see what happens in a couple of days/weeks.

OK thanks, I'll try and I'll know

Same problem for me since a couple of weeks ago.

I had this problem regularly when I had an Android phone. Hundreds of downloaded tracks would disappear and would have to be downloaded.  I never found out whether it was that Android version of the app has a bug, or because storage was on SD card.

Since switching to iphone one year ago, the problem completely stopped.

Until two weeks ago.

Now, I am having to re download a lot tracks (was 500+ on one day) EVERY DAY.

Regarding the advice to try deleting the app - that NEVER EVER worked with Android (and I did it a few times).  And all offline music has to be redownloaded.

The delete-reinstall-redownload 'fix' is just plain BS. 

Spotify obviosuly **bleep** something with a recent update (a lot of users are having the same problem) and Spotify need to fix and update the app.

hello.

Iphone X 11.4.1

I have the exact same problem

It SEEMED to be working, at it worked all right for about 2 days or so. After, that, slowly, slowly, songs have stated not being available offine, same as before.

Amazing this is a reported problem since a couple of years ago and Spotify could not care less...

Maybe only if all of us who are Premium users start unsuscribing they will think about improving their service. Also, someone from Spotify could say something in this thread...

Suggested posts