Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Queue Button Stops Working Bug

Queue Button Stops Working Bug

I'm having a recurring issue on the ios app where the queue button no longer functions until I close and restart the app.

This same issue is something I've seen posted on here in numerous posts.

This is something that needs to be fixed.

3 Replies

Hey @venom251

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!        

Could you confirm if this persists after a clean reinstall of Spotify on the iOS device? This will clean up corrupted data that could be causing the issue. 

If you still observe this after a clean reinstall, make sure no battery optimization settings or data cleaning apps run active on your mobile device. Such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity. We also suggest accessing the app settings and making sure all Permissions are enabled for Spotify. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

I have this same problem. Randomly, Spotify, not just the iOS app, will completely empty my queue on it's own. No new songs or Podcasts can be added until after restart. This is very annoying when I queue up 3 or 4 pod casts only to find them all gone after 2 minutes of listening, or 2 hours. I do not believe this only the app, because the queue on my desktop, mobile, and Amazon Echo are all empty. This is a Spotify server level problem I believe. It happens no matter where I am listening, or what platform I am using to queue songs. The current queue implementation sucks and regularly just quits working for no reason.

Hi there @dustywwwade,

Thank you for your reply in this thread. 

Can you confirm if you followed the troubleshooting steps that @Ivan mentioned above?

If you did and the issue persist, can you perform a soft reset of the device?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts