Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio button and playlist missing??!!

Radio button and playlist missing??!!

Where on earth is my radio playlist? How on earth did the interface change so drastically that I am so motivated to drop Spotify immediately ? 

10 Replies

The page is missing.  Will you be able to help by illustrating the steps? 

There's no longer a radio button: 

Where is Radio?

You can start a radio playlist from any artist, album, or track. Simply click “Go to radio” from the “...” menu. When you save a station, it now appears in your Playlists section.

This doesn’t work. 

“ Simply click “Go to radio” from the “...” menu. When you save a station, it now appears in your Playlists section.“

1) what is from the “...” menu? Which tab or option will that be? 

2)  radio station playlist - there isn’t an option to save a station.  Does this work only on a desktop? 

I made a screen recording of the  steps, hopefully it shows up. If not:

-Go to the song you want to make a radio playlist from. 

-Tap ... in upper right hand corner 

-Tap "go to radio"

-Tap "Follow" under the name of the radio playlist or go to ... and tap follow radio

You will now find this radio playlist under your "Playlist" tab

Thanks. This works for station that’s generated from a song ... but the option is missing for “radio” generated from a playlist. Hope this make some sense? Thanks you 

The option should still be there for playlist radio. Make sure you are on the playlist screen for the playlist you want to make a radio for, then tap ... and "go to radio" should be the bottom option. Alternatively, if you have "autoplay" toggled on in settings, after listening through the whole playlist, the playlist radio will begin playing automatically. Unfortunately, I don't see an option to save a playlist radio station to your playlists.

Hey @Blessedjac and welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Spotify recently pushed an update to the Spotify users which changes the Your Library UI and the way it works. Check this Spotify Answer to learn more about the changes to Your Library.

Now you can find your radio stations in the Search tab under Radio category.

I'd also recommend to check this answer by Peter about the new Radio featres, too.

They're always testing and launching improvements and new features, you can learn more here why.

However, if you don't like the new look, please head over to this idea and add your +VOTE. You can always add your own input in the comments there as well 🙂

If you'd like more info on how the Ideas Exchange works, check more here.

Have a nice day 🙂

Hi there. I really appreciate the responses here. 

--> you can find your radio stations in the Search tab under Radio category.

( Mine ) no. The radio stations are missing. If I go to search, and browse to Radio category, I'll only see a list of recommended radios

2) previously I can generate a radio station from my playlist, which kept listening entertaining and fresh, and if I like that I can save it and referring to that later.   Right now this is also missing. 

I hate to say this, but, user experience and interface is so important and if there are increasing complaints and rejection vibe increasing, maybe Spotify UX team needs to be open to revert back to the older design .  Thanks. 

Hi,

Regarding 2), you can still generate a radio from a playlist by going to the playlist > ... in upper right hand corner > go to radio. Unfortunately, I don't see a way to save a neverending radio station generated from a playlist. You can, however, save what has been generated as a new playlist (I would recommend pulling down on the radio several times to get more generated songs that you can play). For some reason, you can save a radio station generated by a song by tapping follow after you've generated the radio station. 

Suggested posts