Randomly pausing and skipping

Plan

(Free/Premium) Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 6

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) iOS, up to date, as is Spotify version. 

My Question or Issue 

Spotify is randomly pausing and skipping songs when I'm listening. Not a buffering or network issue as it's occuring with songs I've got downloaded as well and across cellular and multiple WiFi networks. I've deleted the app and reinstalled, still struggling. It's being used with bluetooth headphones- I tried three different pairs from three different brands, same thing with each. The phone is sitting there locked, not being touched, and starts jumping around. I have many downloaded/cached playlists, or had anyway until the reinstall removed them all. Notifications are disabled on my device, so, this isn't an error due to notifications. I can't figure out what could be causing this. I went through several other queries like this one and the solutions to no avail. 

I've had multiple issues with Spotify recently and I'm frustrated at paying $12/month for this.

4 Replies

Hi @sdldrg! Welcome to our Spotify Community.

We'd recommend logging out everywhere by following the steps at https://support.spotify.com/article/can-i-sign-out-of-my-account-if-im-signed-in-on-another-device/. As soon as you do it, reset your password here.

Take care 🙂

Yeah, I did that recently- you guys randomly made me change my password.
So, out of everything I went, new password, logged back in.

Hey @sdldrg,

Thanks for the info! It sounds like there's been a slight hiccup with your registered offline devices.

To solve this, could you log in here and remove all registered devices with the Remove All Devices button? You'll have to resync all of your tracks for offline listening, but it could solve your issue. 

Let us know how it goes!

Hey there, I deleted and reinstalled the apps- losing all downloaded
content. It seems to be working now. This is a really, really crappy
solution. 😕 Any reason why it's occurring?

Suggested posts