Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recover local files using iPhone

Solved!

Recover local files using iPhone

Hi! I need Your help guys!

For the last 5 years I've recorded many songs on my Macbook Pro, which was accidentally broken. Many of them were a part of my music project, which i wanted to public this year. 

However, I put all my songs into the Spotify as local files and then downloaded it on my iPhone 6S. Now the only place where my songs exist is Spotify account on my iPhone. Music is everything in my life and Spotify is the only way to save my 5 years long hard work.

Please help! Is it possible to recover them?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @goldentyler,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

The songs' files which you import using your Spotify are encrypted as well as set for local use only, which makes it impossible to either play them without using Spotify or download them from Spotify itself. 

Considering the situation, it'd be good for you to see if you can recover the songs' files through any available backup (it's not necessary to use your Mac for this). Alternatively, it'd be good to reach out to Apple to see if the folks there can provide further help or guide you in the process. 

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @goldentyler,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

The songs' files which you import using your Spotify are encrypted as well as set for local use only, which makes it impossible to either play them without using Spotify or download them from Spotify itself. 

Considering the situation, it'd be good for you to see if you can recover the songs' files through any available backup (it's not necessary to use your Mac for this). Alternatively, it'd be good to reach out to Apple to see if the folks there can provide further help or guide you in the process. 

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts