NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.9.3

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.9.3

iOS Release Notes
What's new in version 0.9.3
  • Fixed: Lots of bugs have been squashed

#iOS #0.9.3 #ReleaseNotes
Important to note
  • When reporting issues, always mention what version of the Spotify app you're using
Community Ergo Sum
39 Replies

I can still play individual tracks in the new update.  The large "shuffle play" button does make it seem like that's all you can do, but I was still able to select and play and individual tracks.   

I'm really liking the new iOS app.  

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I am a premium subscriber, and all i have is a big button the says "Shuffle PLay".

How do I play a list in order?

In the album or playlist, I just play in order by selecting the first song in the list (or album).   That big "shuffle play" button does seem a bit large and deceiving, IMHO. 

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

That button is just there for "convenience". It does take up a lot of the screen on a small screen and there's even an idea here to add it to artist pages......heaven forbid!

I'm having the same problem after installing the 1.0.0 update on iOS 7 earlier today.
I'm definitely a premium subscriber. The Spotify App on my computer still says so.

Nevertheles, since updateing I can only use the shuffle mode on my iPhone

I'm having the same issue. My iPad works fine and my iPhone was working yesterday and now it just says I'm offline, makes no sense. All I can do is shuffle music. I'm a premium user.

Last night I had a problem with the album artwork not changing when I skipped songs in a playlist. Hoping it's just an anamoly. 

@jackory Spotify is aware of this issue which also happens on android. Hopefully it will be fixed in a future release.

I like this new design, but there are some major changes that I dislike.

1) The new Shuffle Play button is massive and an overstated addition, as if everyone like to play their music on shuffle.

2a) It takes too much effor tot get to the Search bar in a playlist.

2b) After searching, select the song and go to any other menu on that song, and when you return to the playlist, the string you searched for is no longer there.  [This prevents you from playing all songs by X artist, or with Y title within a playlist.]

2c) After searching and playing a song, going back to the playlist makes the Shuffle Play button overlap the search box making you have to back up one more level and then go back again to the playlist to search again.  BUG!

3) The shuffle and repeat buttons at the bottom of the screen used to be on the right.

4) The repeat button should allow you to repeat ALL songs and/or repeat the ONE currently playing song.

5) BRING BACK THE STARS!  When searching and discovering new music, I cannot see which track I may have heard before and added to a playlist.  (I used stars as a signal that a song is already in one of my playlists, since it doesn't prompt you that you may be adding a duplicate track.)

6) Duplicate songs within a playlist are an annoying issue.  PLEASE notify users if they're adding a song into a playlist that's already there!

7) It's TOO dark…some album art is mainly black and really makes for a messy experience when you can't tell what is where.

😎  Being able to tap the album and see options to explore the album, the artist, star the track…..BRING THIS BACK!  Tapping the album art does nothing now….that's not intuitive.  Tapping the album should reveal actions relative to that album.

I am a premium user and I'm experiencing Bluetooth delay since the new release.

Before the new release I could skip to the next song by using the cars joggle.  Text beautifully came on the display and song started directly.  

Now I'm experiencing delay/lag.  Sometimes it takes time to go to the next song but what is more obvious, the car display doesn't follow anymore and it takes about 4-5 seconds to update with every track.

Occasionally the app crashes even.  

When I switch to the Apple Music Player everything goes smooth so it must be a Spotify app issue. 

Anyone experienced the same problem? 

Is anyone else experiencing extreme battery drain while using 1.0.0? My girlfriend and I both are experiencing this with iPhone 5s (Verizon) on iOS 7.1 and it was not an issue prior to the update.

I also notice a lot of hangs and freezing when going in between menus or "x"-ing out of the artwork view especially.

Change your hideous iPhone app back to the way it was before April 2014 or I will cancel my premium membership. The new user interface looks absolutely horrible. Albums play on shuffle, even when it is not selected. Songs take 15-20 seconds to load and skip/stutter. I have blazing fast internet and never had these issues before this newest update. $9.99 a month plus tax for this garbage? This is absolutely ridiculous. You NEED to listen to your customers. You people should have given us the option to choose a change this radical instead of forcing it upon us. I will be moving on to Beats Music or Rdio instead of your service. Don't be the next Netflix. Do the right thing!!!

Personally I like the new design very much. The Shuffle button could be a bit smaller but I prefer it to the way it was. What I don't like is how the song title/artist title scrolls back and forth. A standard marquee scroll would be so much better. As mucn as I appreciate the new look I am having some serious performance issues as I type this. Namely songs just wont play in artist shuffle. A couple of songs played just fine until I  skipped on and after that I've had to manually start each song by moving the time counter up or clicking on pause then play again. There have also been several occassions when a song would not play until a few seconds after I've pushed the play button, and this is irritating. I think Ii've seen that issue brought up in previous posts so I can only assume that a fix is in the works. 

I have no plans to cancel my subscription and from my experience I've noticed that things do get fixed, it sometimes requires a little patience. 

I see all this negativity, and I just want to say I actually like the app right now. Aside from my small suggestion, it works fine for me.

I like the dark look.  My issue is why is there no My Music section for iOS?   My Android and my Laptop both have the new section. I want to switch over and start using it instead of Starred but when i go to my ipod it only has starred.    Wtf spotify?   Your making me insane.

@gtphilup - It is definitely available on iOS. Are you using the most recent version of the app (which requires iOS 6 or above)?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It just showed up. I didn't have to update but suddenly there's a My Music section. Yay!   Now just fix the constant crashing.

I too had issues with the latest update (which for some reason Spotify aren't listing in the updates section, it still shows 0.9.3)
I have no issues with the PC based version

The first issue was the constant Bluetooth connection loss
I thought it might have been the iPhone 3GS itself, but I have confirmed it is not as it works perfectly well with any other application
This has slowly resolved itself and only loss connection twice now

The next issue was the very slow response
Intially this was horrendous, pressing Track Forward (Bluetooth) and I had to wait nearly two minutes before there was a response
In that time the next track may have already have started
A consequence of this was Bluetooth loss!

I then noticed from the Playlists that I have that this issue started every time a specific Local File was played
So I went back to my PC and deleted this from the Local Files from the two Playlists
The Playlists on my iPhone then updated
After this I then retested in my car and the issue was resolved

I then went back and placed the Local File back into these two Playlists
I don't lose Bluetooth connection any more and Track Forward is responsive again

However, as soon as this Local File is encountered the text display on the Bluetooth display does not show, it continues to show the previously played track
When the next track commences or Track Forward is used it is back to normal
ie, what is displayed on the iPhone does not match the Bluetooth connection

Any ideas?

Local File :
Believe by DJ Quicksilver
Other files from this same album are loaded as Local Files and play without any issue

Still no update for the ipad?

My desktop and android phone has the new look + the new section "my music"

But on my ipad , still nothing (although it updated the app)

Hi everyone. We just released version 1.1.0. You can find release notes and give us your feedback in this topic.

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts