Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.6.0

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.6.0

ReleaseNotesiOS.jpg

What's new in this version (1.6.0)

• New: Save whole albums to Your Music directly from the album page. Check out release year and total play time by swiping the album header.
  • New: Spotify now speaks Finnish.
  • Fictitious: This app was designed by David Hasselhoff.

#iOS #1.6.0 #ReleaseNotes

Important to note

• -
Community Ergo Sum
29 Replies

This is excellent news! As soon as I see the ipad update, I will gladly upgrade to premium.

When will the update be available?

This update was a step down. It removes the album separator in artist view. All the albums are one continuous list wich i hate. I can no longer go into that one album and save it for offline. Luckily i had the old version in icloud and went back to that and i refuse to upgrade before they bring the album separator back in artist view. Really bad.

@user-removed wrote:

This update was a step down. It removes the album separator in artist view. All the albums are one continuous list wich i hate. I can no longer go into that one album and save it for offline. Luckily i had the old version in icloud and went back to that and i refuse to upgrade before they bring the album separator back in artist view. Really bad.

I fully agree.  Why would they remove the album separator?  It made no sense NOT to include it in the first place, then we had a it for a couple versions, and now it's gone.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.

And where's the iPad UI update?

The missing album separators are really annoying.

Besides, my spotify crashes when scrolling through recommended music. I can even reproduce it: always at the same position.

@Dan00ne wrote:
The missing album separators are really annoying.

Besides, my spotify crashes when scrolling through recommended music. I can even reproduce it: always at the same position.

I had that issue in the last version browsing through playlists under "Decades." Same place, every time. My subscription expires in two days, and I'm not going to renew until they make improvements and bring the darn album separators back.

Also, the crossfader is no longer functioning on the iPad - the thing is still there - but it's like it's behind a locked panel - and gapless play now thinks it's a premium feature - I hope this error will be corrected in a future update.

It's the same on the iPhone as well!

I saw that part about "my music" and almost got too excited over nothing. I'd it was a licensing issue holding the ipad version back then why do android tablets have that feature?

Keeps crashing.  Going to an artist page, then selecting similar artists and going to a different artist causes crash after crash.

Also, count me in for the whole 'where's the iPad version' questions.

Where is the "your music" section on the iPad?

Darn, how silly of me. I figured a major iOS update would include adding "My Music" to the iPad!

I will not be upgrading to premium until this fundamental piece of functionality is added.

Spotify - why do you insist on tinkering with the iPhone app (and doing the thick end of nothing about the iPad app)? This update seems to have removed the ability to delete songs from a playlist on the iphone. Why make that change? Was it inadvertent? What is the fix?

Has anyone started experiencing an issue where music will randomly pause in between songs? It seems to occur when it's connected to my head deck in the car. The song will finish, yet the next song won't start automatically.

I was hoping that "my music" was finally included in the new i-pad release. After so many months waiting !!

I quit my premium subscription until this overdue feature has been implemented.

Disappointed, again.

Lousy communication about the status from spotify.

Until then: back to Wimp.

Are you as annoyed as I am that the release notes for this "upgrade" didn't specify that the album save feature is just for iPhone and not ipad? How about the fact that ipad STILL doesn't have the your music feature, something that's been available on other spotify apps since at least April? At your last straw? Ready to stop paying spotify for crappy service and "rock stars" who every once in awhile claim that "Devi are working on it and it should be available soon, maybe a few weeks?

Then tweet at the CEO of @spotify like I I'd and let him know that we're not taking this anymore and we will publicly humiliate him and his company for having crappy customer service like I did and will continue to. See @charlesredell or the image below for my first tweets at @eldsjal and tweet at him. And let the world know how little spotify cares about it's paying customers. So little that they lie to us!
image.jpg

My specific favourite topic is the equalizer. Great that recently this feacher was relauched.

But, it is done is such a bad way, I cant believe.

Pls. find here below the list of priority ranked features which are to be implemented for the equalizer step-by-step but the sooner the better:

1. allow to save own settings, at least 5 pcs. in addition to the current pre-sets 

2. move the equalizer access to top level (and not hide it somewhere) or move at least the apply/selection to top level

3. double the bands - the current adjustment is tooo coarse

4. fade in and fade out the songs 

Thanks for consideration - should not be a big deal for Spotify - or? Pls. make it an me many others more than happy!

Peter

@Goodman wrote:

ReleaseNotesiOS.jpg

• New: Save whole albums to Your Music directly from the album page. Check out release year and total play time by swiping the album header.

Important to note

• -

@Goodman wrote:

ReleaseNotesiOS.jpg

Important to note

• -

Hi Community,
I have the new version 1.6.0 on iPad and I don't see the "YOUR MUSIC" option. How can I found it please?

Regards

Your Music isn't on the iPad - despite its adamant claim to the contrary.

As for fading in and fading out the songs, there is a crossfader on both iPad and iPhone - but the last upgrade made it non-functional!

We'll all have one massive worldwide street party when Your Music is implemented for the iPad and the crossfader is restored, I reckon.

As for albums - you can put whole albums in Playlists easily enough - my Liked From Radio and Club Classics playlists have whole albums in - often resulting in track duplication - I have also created playlists that feature whole album series, like the Top Of The Pops albums, or the True range of albums, to provide an eclectic selection - if only the complete Now That's What I Call Music albums could be uploaded, or you can add playlists to other playlists, like you can albums (the double quaver does that), I could create a playlist featuring the entire set!

Suggested posts