Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.7.0

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.7.0

ReleaseNotesiOS.jpg

What's new in this version (1.7.0)

• New: While you're viewing an album on iPhone, check out more releases from the artist in one tap.
  • New: Now you can enjoy Your Music, Browse and Radio on Ford SYNC AppLink. And see those preset numbers on your dashboard? Use them to store your favourite playlists, albums and artists.
  • Fictitious: This app is growing a really fancy beard.

Important to note

• There is an issue with Browse not updating properly. We're working on releasing a hotfix for this very soon.
Community Ergo Sum
52 Replies

I did not had that problem

Nope. Still no separator.

And the surprise is...drumroll please...tapping the album artwork from search makes it bigger. We already have this feature on iOS. New to android i guess.

The only improvement with 1.7.1 seems to be a faster crash rate. What used to take a couple of minutes now only takes a second or two.

@Jeffhayes wrote:
And the surprise is...drumroll please...tapping the album artwork from search makes it bigger. We already have this feature on iOS. New to android i guess.

darn, I was hoping it would be the Android feature where tapping the album artwork brings up the menu that the three dots button brings up.

Hey guys!

Version 1.8 of the Spotify iOS app has just been released. Please post back if you are still having problems

Thanks for your patience while the developers worked on an update.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

New playlist name still defaults to blank in 1.8.0 when I want to add an album to a new playlist. Any idea when this regression will be fixed? Or is this still deliberately being taken away from us to "encourage" us to use the save button?

Album separators back?

This latest upgrade still hasn't fixed the crossfader - doesn't respond in any way whatsoever - and still thinks that gapless play is a premium feature!

@user-removed 

Album separators are not back. Sorry. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

wont update then... really disappointed with spotify

And why the hell was it removed in the first place?

You'll find the new release notes here.

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts