Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.7.0

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.7.0

ReleaseNotesiOS.jpg

What's new in this version (1.7.0)

• New: While you're viewing an album on iPhone, check out more releases from the artist in one tap.
  • New: Now you can enjoy Your Music, Browse and Radio on Ford SYNC AppLink. And see those preset numbers on your dashboard? Use them to store your favourite playlists, albums and artists.
  • Fictitious: This app is growing a really fancy beard.

Important to note

• There is an issue with Browse not updating properly. We're working on releasing a hotfix for this very soon.
Community Ergo Sum
52 Replies

New update, but still no album seperators???

How can you anounce something like that really big and then mysteriously let it dissapear....?

In 1.5 they where there.... and then just gone, without any comment.

These so called updates are getting really annoying.

Once more an update only for iPhone. On iPad I do not see nothing new!

This is what Spotify Cares has to say about it:

1  Twitter.png

My music on some ford car thing nobody uses and not on ipad??? SMH

Please Spotify, listen the premium users, the iPad mini is today so portable as an iPhone and each time we listen music, be in home, local work or in car, we prefer to use it insteed iPhone in order to save battery to others things which we can need like a simple phone call. Yes, keep the updates for iPhone but, please, do not jugde that we use iPad mini less times times than an iPhone. In my opinion, each time Spotify launches an update must be for both IOS devices type

Regards

@Goodman wrote:

ReleaseNotesiOS.jpg

What's new in this version (1.7.0)

• New: While you're viewing an album on iPhone, check out more releases from the artist in one tap.
  • New: Now you can enjoy Your Music, Browse and Radio on Ford SYNC AppLink. And see those preset numbers on your dashboard? Use them to store your favourite playlists, albums and artists.
  • Fictitious: This app is growing a really fancy beard.

Important to note

• There is an issue with Browse not updating properly. We're working on releasing a hotfix for this very soon.

When oh when will you implement a "clear cache" button in settings across all platforms???? I am SO tired of deleting/installing the app just to regain used space back!

Me too, once a month I delete and upload again the app on IOS. Also, the ability to configure the cache size in settings should be improved on IOS as is on desktop

Can someone explain the tapping the album to see more releases update? I don't get it. Thanks

For those wondering, this update makes the app work with iOS 8.

This update should also fix album art not showing in offline mode. (album art is still missing for local files though)

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Seriously? You updated the app for a car but not for the ipad?????? We've been asking for months to access Your Music on the ipad. You can do it on the phone, and you've posted how many updates since then?????? What in god's name is wrong with you and why can't you just tell us why it cant be done or when it actually will be done? Why do you ignore this question?

I tweeted this. Please do it too:

.Spotify SpotifyCares @ you updated the Ford app but not Ipad w/Your Music? Why keep ignoring our requests?

this company must be shamed. Also, it's going to fail if it keeps this up. I'm done paying you spotify

I am able to upgrade on the iphone 4 (iOS 7) but I get a download error "could not be installed at this time" on my iPod Touch with iOS 6.

@NoMadMan have you tried to reboot your device?

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Yes. I have resprung 2x, rebooted at least 5x, switched to multiple wifi zones. Uninstalling and reinstalling will be a pain as I have spent hours collecting my offline music and I do not want to loose them again.

Also, the crossfader is still broken!

When making a playlist, it no longer auto populates the playlist name with the artist name and album. This was very handy for those of us who refuse to use the Your Music option because of the retarded 10,000 track limit. Please bring it back!!

The preset numbers on the dashboard bit of the update. Is that for FORD Sync only or can this be done on other Bluetooth in-car dashboards? If you can do it on others, how do you set that up? If not, please bring that functionality! It can't be too difficult to programme a key-mapping function for different playlists. Thanks

@cmonster 

It is a top priority, in fact the new iPad update is coming soon. 😉

For real this time...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I guess I have to believe you this time 🙂

Nice picture Matt! 

daniel-ek.jpg

+1000 to cmonster

We actually stopped trusting Spotify because of their total lack of reply (even acknoledge) on that particular ridiculous point.

There must be reasons but at least say something to your paying user base.

I stopped my premium subscription this morning not because the I still can't use my ipad the way I used my iphone but because you ignore your users.

Suggested posts