Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.8.0

Solved!

Re: Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.8.0

Andrews32
Roadie

And everyone will get refunded for all the time the software was completely nonfunctional due to the developers coding some sort of incompatibility, correct?

Lamp

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-support-for-Google-ChromeCast/idi-p/482900

luzer
Using iPhone 5c on iOS7 and this 1.8 update causes playback stutter when using Spotify Connect to Gramofon. Using AirPlay is fine however. :(

mitch0
Regular
Very poor from Spotify, looks like their developers don't bother to test their code nor do Spotify have any kind of quality assurance testing - how difficult is it to test the app and realise it crashes constantly? Not worth paying for this amateur sloppy rubbish.

user-removed
Not applicable

im not able to play individual songs with this new update i have to press shuffle and then go through all the songs to get to the one i want!

MattSuda
Community Legend

@mitch0 

The developers do test their code, and there is a quality assurance team that checks things before they go out the door.

Sometimes it is very hard to find something like this in testing if Spotify cannot reproduce the crash on their end. This crashing problem seems to only be affecting a small amount of customers. For the majority of people, the app is not crashing for them.

The developers are currently looking into the crash that is affecting certain users. Hopefully it will be fixed in an update soon so you guys can enjoy your music.

clarinade
Casual Listener

Just to chime in here as well, Spotify has been crashing on start since the new update. I've got an iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.1 (not really keen to update to iOS8 yet). Nothing I've tried has fixed it at this point. I've got a 12+ hour road trip coming up at the end of the week and I don't know what I'll do without a functioning Spotify app! :( 

emarcelli
Same problem! I have an iPhone 5 with IOS 8
Highlighted
Solution!

rory_foster
Casual Listener
Well, I got sick of waiting for the crashing problem to be fixed. Deleted the app from my iPhone. Then reinstalled it. And it now works. It's a major pain having to re-download thousands of tracks to my offline playlists, but better that than being without music. This is not the first time I've had to do a delete/reinstall after an iOS app update, but I hope it's the last...

View solution in original post

Paulsmit1979
Regular

Come on guys, 

This is really a joke.... ?!?!?!

Is there actually anyone from Spotify reading these posts?

People have been complaining about missing features for months and there is simply no reply what so ever.

- The iPad app is really ridiculous, the 'my music' section is still not there.

- Album separators appeared and then magically disappeard without warning

- Swipe to delete tracks from playlists... "gone"

Is there even a point of leaving comments here, when clearly no one reades them or passes them on.....????

st2323
Casual Listener

After being told by Customer Support 'We don't generally post exactly what fixes we have issued in our updates but I can tell you that we do have a new update of the iOS Spotify app live in the AppStore. Hope this helps.', I deleted the app on my ipad and reinstalled it, rebooted my ipad but its still not working. I can't even launch teh app on ipad. 

Spotify Team - are you even reading these posts and fixing the issue. Can't believe how awful your customer support is.

SUGGESTED POSTS