Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.8.0

Solved!

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.8.0

ReleaseNotesiOS.jpg

What's new in this version (1.8.0)

• New: Now supports Apple CarPlay! Play Spotify in your CarPlay equipped vehicle. Just connect a compatible iPhone.
  • New: Spotify can now speak Swedish, and Québécois on iOS 8.
  • Fixed: Various new bugs on iOS 8.
Community Ergo Sum
52 Replies

The problem with Chromecast is its inherent quality. I am a big fan of it for TV, using it almost everyday. But I would not touch it for music because of 192kb limitation.

I was looking forward to this update, expecting the bug I've been experiencing for a few months to be fixed, but no.

App doesn't produce sound in playlist after playing an imported track; time counter moves along, but nothing else.  Pressing back will get the track to play again.

It's nice that you fixed some iOS 8 bugs, but now the music quality is really crappy (wrong mixing of stereo channels, more precisely) on iOS 7 (which I will keep).

Alongwith others I too complained that Spotify is not working on ios 7 or 8. I was told by the support person a fix is going in last week. Its still not working. No fix has been done and its awful to see how casually Spotify is on the customer's pain points. Can someone from Spotify tell us when the issue will be fixed AND WHAT WE NEED TO DO to make sure it works on our devices? Else I need a refund on September onwards and will be cancelling my subscription if spotify can't work on Iphones. Are you kidding me/ How can an app not be optimized for one of the most popular phones in the country. Duh!

@Goodman wrote:

ReleaseNotesiOS.jpg

What's new in this version (1.8.0)

• New: Now supports Apple CarPlay! Play Spotify in your CarPlay equipped vehicle. Just connect a compatible iPhone.
  • New: Spotify can now speak Swedish, and Québécois on iOS 8.
  • Fixed: Various new bugs on iOS 8.

Is there maybe a(n official) Cydia repository that allows users with an iOS jailbreak to download an older functional version until malfunctional most recent ones gets patched? I don't know of any way to do that in the official app store.

I have the Spotify app on my 5th generation iPod which has tried to automatically update to the latest version, however the icon is blanked out and the word 'Waiting' is underneath (suggesting that either it's still not updated or the update has failed in some way).  I've tried following the instructions on this site to delete the app and reinstall (press/hold the icon until it shakes then press the 'x' to delete it) but it won't delete.  Any ideas how I can solve this please?  I've tried to reinstall the app from the App Store but all it says is that I have the program already 'open'.

Reboot?

Running this latest update of Spotify app 1.8.0) on iPhone 5 and the app crashes every time I try to start it. I've tried restarting the phone twice, and tried starting the app about 30 times in total. I feel a cancelled subscription coming on unless they sort this out fast...

Same here. Please fix!

Hey guys! The crashing problems are being looked into.

Thanks for your patience. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

And everyone will get refunded for all the time the software was completely nonfunctional due to the developers coding some sort of incompatibility, correct?

Lamp

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-support-for-Google-ChromeCast/idi-p/482900

Using iPhone 5c on iOS7 and this 1.8 update causes playback stutter when using Spotify Connect to Gramofon. Using AirPlay is fine however. 😞

Very poor from Spotify, looks like their developers don't bother to test their code nor do Spotify have any kind of quality assurance testing - how difficult is it to test the app and realise it crashes constantly? Not worth paying for this amateur sloppy rubbish.

im not able to play individual songs with this new update i have to press shuffle and then go through all the songs to get to the one i want!

@mitch0 

The developers do test their code, and there is a quality assurance team that checks things before they go out the door.

Sometimes it is very hard to find something like this in testing if Spotify cannot reproduce the crash on their end. This crashing problem seems to only be affecting a small amount of customers. For the majority of people, the app is not crashing for them.

The developers are currently looking into the crash that is affecting certain users. Hopefully it will be fixed in an update soon so you guys can enjoy your music.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Just to chime in here as well, Spotify has been crashing on start since the new update. I've got an iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.1 (not really keen to update to iOS8 yet). Nothing I've tried has fixed it at this point. I've got a 12+ hour road trip coming up at the end of the week and I don't know what I'll do without a functioning Spotify app! 😞 

Same problem! I have an iPhone 5 with IOS 8
Marked as solution

Well, I got sick of waiting for the crashing problem to be fixed. Deleted the app from my iPhone. Then reinstalled it. And it now works. It's a major pain having to re-download thousands of tracks to my offline playlists, but better that than being without music. This is not the first time I've had to do a delete/reinstall after an iOS app update, but I hope it's the last...

Come on guys, 

This is really a joke.... ?!?!?!

Is there actually anyone from Spotify reading these posts?

People have been complaining about missing features for months and there is simply no reply what so ever.

- The iPad app is really ridiculous, the 'my music' section is still not there.

- Album separators appeared and then magically disappeard without warning

- Swipe to delete tracks from playlists... "gone"

Is there even a point of leaving comments here, when clearly no one reades them or passes them on.....????

After being told by Customer Support 'We don't generally post exactly what fixes we have issued in our updates but I can tell you that we do have a new update of the iOS Spotify app live in the AppStore. Hope this helps.', I deleted the app on my ipad and reinstalled it, rebooted my ipad but its still not working. I can't even launch teh app on ipad. 

Spotify Team - are you even reading these posts and fixing the issue. Can't believe how awful your customer support is.

Suggested posts