Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.8.0

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.8.0

Baroninkjet
Roadie

The problem with Chromecast is its inherent quality. I am a big fan of it for TV, using it almost everyday. But I would not touch it for music because of 192kb limitation.

elston
Regular

I was looking forward to this update, expecting the bug I've been experiencing for a few months to be fixed, but no.

App doesn't produce sound in playlist after playing an imported track; time counter moves along, but nothing else.  Pressing back will get the track to play again.

knusperfunk
Regular
It's nice that you fixed some iOS 8 bugs, but now the music quality is really crappy (wrong mixing of stereo channels, more precisely) on iOS 7 (which I will keep).

st2323
Casual Listener

Alongwith others I too complained that Spotify is not working on ios 7 or 8. I was told by the support person a fix is going in last week. Its still not working. No fix has been done and its awful to see how casually Spotify is on the customer's pain points. Can someone from Spotify tell us when the issue will be fixed AND WHAT WE NEED TO DO to make sure it works on our devices? Else I need a refund on September onwards and will be cancelling my subscription if spotify can't work on Iphones. Are you kidding me/ How can an app not be optimized for one of the most popular phones in the country. Duh!

@Per wrote:

ReleaseNotesiOS.jpg

What's new in this version (1.8.0)

• New: Now supports Apple CarPlay! Play Spotify in your CarPlay equipped vehicle. Just connect a compatible iPhone.
  • New: Spotify can now speak Swedish, and Québécois on iOS 8.
  • Fixed: Various new bugs on iOS 8.

knusperfunk
Regular
Is there maybe a(n official) Cydia repository that allows users with an iOS jailbreak to download an older functional version until malfunctional most recent ones gets patched? I don't know of any way to do that in the official app store.

always_a_kiwi

I have the Spotify app on my 5th generation iPod which has tried to automatically update to the latest version, however the icon is blanked out and the word 'Waiting' is underneath (suggesting that either it's still not updated or the update has failed in some way).  I've tried following the instructions on this site to delete the app and reinstall (press/hold the icon until it shakes then press the 'x' to delete it) but it won't delete.  Any ideas how I can solve this please?  I've tried to reinstall the app from the App Store but all it says is that I have the program already 'open'.

jmatcuhi
Gig Goer
Reboot?

rory_foster
Casual Listener
Running this latest update of Spotify app 1.8.0) on iPhone 5 and the app crashes every time I try to start it. I've tried restarting the phone twice, and tried starting the app about 30 times in total. I feel a cancelled subscription coming on unless they sort this out fast...

vicki7178
Same here. Please fix!

MattSuda
Community Legend

Hey guys! The crashing problems are being looked into.

Thanks for your patience. 

SUGGESTED POSTS