Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Report your crashing spotify iphone app here

Solved!

Report your crashing spotify iphone app here

This thread is an attempt to capture how many people are experiencing problems with the spotify iphone app.

If you are experiencing regular crashing problems with the iphone spotify app, please write which iphone model you have, which IOS and which version of spotify you are running and finally if your iphone is jailbroken. Also include approximatly  how often the crashes occur per playing time

Please only post once to this thread so its easy to count the number of people having this problem.

In some respects, this is like a petition. 

My details:

IPHONE MODEL: 3GS

IOS 5.1

SPOTIFY VERSION: 0.5.2.374

APPROX CRASH FREQUENCY: Every 40 mins of playing time

JAILBROKEN: YES

129 Replies

Spotify crashes every few seconds. This is on both iPad and iPhone.

Model iPhone 5 and iPad Air ios7.1.2

This is brand new Spotify - just downloaded premium package today. Haven't yet listened to a song. Disappointed as is was a gift.

Haven't a clue what is meant by the term 'jail breaking' an iPhone!

iPod Touch 5
OS 6.1.6
SPOTIFY VERSION: 1.5.0
APPROX CRASH FREQUENCY: Whenever I like a song from the Radio and try to put it on a playlist, scroll through "Discover" tracks, or do anything other than just listen to a playlist. 
JAILBROKEN: NO
PREMIUM SUBSCRIBTION: YES
2 Playlists, about 400 songs. 
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify. 

iPhone 4S
No jailbreak
IOS 7 version
Crashes every 1-2 hours
It's very annoying and it's not a good first impression, I'm paying £10 a month for an app that doesn't work

Every time I scroll down to the very end of the page my spotify crashes. I select Top Lists or any Genres/Moods then try to scroll down to the bottom, when I scroll down to the end, it always crashes. 

IPHONE MODEL: 5

IOS : 7.1.2

SPOTIFY VERSION: 1.5.0.2728

APPROX CRASH FREQUENCY: Every time I scroll down at the Top Lists menu/page and at any Genres page

JAILBROKEN: no

Lookind forward to hearing your suggestions. 

Every time I go to Browse and select by decade and it crashes. It was never with a previous version. I am 150% sure. It always worked fine on a earlier version. It's not my phone. I never ever had a problem.

iPhone 5S
Carrier Verizon
iOS 7.1.2
App: Spotify Music Spotify Ltd.
Spotify Music Verison is 1.5.0

Latest spotify 1.6.0, iOS 7.1.2, iPhone 5s
Spotify crashes when sceollingb through "discover" list of recommended music. Always at the same recommendation.

*scrolling

My iPhone app keeps crashing, it seems to be most frequent when I'm looking at the 'Related Artists' section on artists' profiles, but it happens other times too. 

IPHONE: 5c

IOS: 7.1.2

SPOTIFY VERSION: 1.6.0

APPROX CRASH FREQUENCY: Once it happens it will continuously crash every 30sec-1min until I close the app for awhile and come back to it.

JAILBROKEN: no

What a joke, I just upgraded to premium so I could use my Ipod at work and not only does mine not work .I can't find any one who's does. Why is it even available if it doesn't work? do any of the other phone apps work? 

Hey everyone! The original issues reported in this thread have now been resolved so we're going to close it. 

If you're having trouble with the latest version (1.7.0) please post here: Spotify 1.7.0 crashing

It's best whenever having an issue with a new update to create a new thread, rather than posting at the end of an old one. That way we can better gauge the size and severity of the issue. 

Thanks again everyone!

Suggested posts