Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Running - Can't Detect Tempo

Running - Can't Detect Tempo

I've tried everyday for a week, and so far Running has been unable to detect my tempo. I've tried to make extra sure that I was running at a constant speed. I've tried rebooting the phone. I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Spotify. I even did a full reset of my phone (although I did restore my data from iCloud).

I'm using iPhone 6 128GB running iOS 8.3 w/90GB free space.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!
42 Replies

same problem here

Yeah me too.

Hey guys, I've flagged this with the Spotify staff. Will let you know when we have an update. Thanks!

Hey guys!

Thanks for posting in the Community.

So we can get this looked into, could you let us know the following:

- Version of Spotify (Spotify > Settings > About)
- Version of OS
- Make/Model of the device

Thanks in advance.

- Version of Spotify (Spotify > Settings > About)
- Version of OS

- latestet available on appstore

- latest

- iphone 6 16Gb

Version 3.2.01554

iOS 8.3

iPhone 5C

IOS 8.3
iPhone 6, model MG4A2QN/A

Spotify Version: 3.2.0.1554
iOS Version: 8.3 (12F70)
Device Make/Model: iPhone 6 128GB (MG6D2LL/A)

I got it to work last night. It seems I wasn't running fast enough for it to pick up my tempo! I'm not too impressed though. The tempo it guessed was way out (too fast!) and the music was very bland, background music. Maybe that's what people want but I think I'd rather pick my own music. I also thought that the tempo would change if you sped up or slowed down but it doesn't.

If there was an option to 'turn off' or not show the running feature I think that would be good, it would make the app less cluttered.

Hey guys, 

Our new iOS app (3.3.0) went live yesterday. If it's available to you, can you update to the latest version and check if you're still having issues with the Running app? 

If so, just let us know along with the following info:

- Version of OS

Thanks. 

Running still doesn't detect my tempo.
App version 3.3.0.1640
iOS 8.3
iPhone 5c

The Spotify staff are currently looking into the issue with some users still not receiving the feature. We will let you know when there's an update.

Worked for me this morning!

Spotify Version: 3.3.0.1640
iOS Version: 8.3 (12F70)
Device Make/Model: iPhone 6 128GB (MG6D2LL/A)

I have version 3.3 of Spotify and it does not detect my tempo. I have a iPhone 5s and iOS 8.3.

Hey guys,

Just to clarify, are you still experiencing the issue under iOS 8.3 and Spotify version 3.3.0? Have you tried a reinstall of Spotify to see if that helps?

UPDATE: After updating to 3.3.0, it worked for me twice, but hasn't worked for me for several days now.

One thing I noticed, under Settings/Privacy/Motion & Fitness, I see Health and RunKeeper, but I don't see Spotify. Not sure if Spotify should be listed, but Spotify never asked for this permission and this isn't listed.

Yeah, it doesn't record anything to the Health app, so Spotify doesn't request those permissions.

Hello,

So I deleted the Spotify App today and reinstalled Spotify off of the App store.  It seems to help the issue on my first run using Spotify Running where it did detect my tempo.  When I changed to another running playlist it was not able to detect my tempo (my iphone was placed in a holder attached to my hip, on the side).  Then I tried another running playlist while holding the phone since I figured having the phone on my hip was causing the issue, but again Spotify could not dectect my tempo.  So I tried a 4th playlist and to no avail, so I am still having issues with the running feature in spotify not being able to detect my tempo.

Again I have an iPhone 5s running on iOS 8.3.

Let me know I can do anything to help test Spotify Running.

I think the feature is a great idea just need to edit the technology so it works properly.

Thanks!

Hi there,
I sorted it (iphone 6, ios 8.3)
Delete the app with its data, reinstall it.
Now it detects my tempo fine.
Great feature, i hope they will come with more dynamic musics that can do that, limited choice for now.
This reinstall trick was the solution for a couple of other apps. It seems the settings from previous versions can break an app. Developers should do more testing, and/or clear the necessary settings during the upgrade process

Suggested posts