Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Settings menu missing

Settings menu missing

After the latest update of Spotify (Jan 31) I cant use the Settings menu on my iPhone 4S. I cant scroll down to Settings - I kind of rolls up again and I cant choose the menu.

I´ve uninstalled and installed Spotify 3 times now and it only solves the problem for a day or so - then it is stuck again.

I guess the problem would be solved if I logged out and in again - but as I cant use the Settings - that is not possible. And only restart does not help. So I´m either stuck in Offline or Online, depending on what I did choose before the menu got stuck.

Anyone who recognize this problem? 

14 Replies

Hi Helenamariana,

I have just logged you out from our end.... hopefully that will refresh your application.  Could you please try logging back in and see if that has cleared the problem?

It s working - for now... After reinstalling Monday, the problem was back Wednesday...

But hopefully it will last!

Hi,

If you get this problem again, could you please send an email to the support team via this link?  They will need to know which make of Iphone you are using.

@HelenaMariana Hey! Just letting you know we're looking into this issue. It's pretty odd. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

It was working for few hours - now the settings are out of reach again!

Problem persists.

Its actually the current track that is being played that is hiding the Settings menu. That wouldnt be that bad - if the current track being played wasn´t visible when its not played anymore...

But I see the track I was playing even if I stopped it. Its visible if I exit Spotify and close it, its visible if I restart the phone - the next time I open Spotify...

So my only option right now to switch between offline and online mode is to uninstall and reinstall Spotify. Too complicated I think.

This design seems to be working on iPhone 5, but not on iPhone 4 as the screen is shorter.

I am having this same exact issue, fwiw. IPhone 4S.

If you are skillfull, I've found you can still just tap the tiny top part of the Settings bar above the Now Playing bar.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks Peter!

I´ve managed a few times to hit the right spot. If I practise my success rate must improve 🙂

But still it would be more convenient  if "Track being played" disappeared when track is not being played. I dont feel a big need to know what track I was playing before when opening Spotify again...

This is still a problem on iPhone 4S devices. I'd there an update on fixing this? Thanks.

Hello I'm having the same problem. how can i get to my settings in my iphone with the new spotify update?

Hi, on android APP if you click library the settings cog is at top right.
Youre welcome.
Lewis

l am beginning to think Spotify quality has dropped with other service oriented products probably to do with money. When first started using it years ago error free.

About every 2 weeks now have to reinstall through tech support pain trying to find them not real smart like used to be they blame my problems corrupted files. Corrupted files usually means a bug in their app asked how to fix it step it with reinstall. Setting gear is gone on l phone, playlists will not transfer to l phone and computer app slow loading and slow navigating. Of course was one step ahead of them when trying to blame it on the computer all other apps work fine. Ironic tech support said reinstall phone app but need through setting but can't no setting gear. Any ideas?

Hey folks,

Thanks posting here in the Community! 

This issue should bow be resolved. If you're still experiencing this, we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall using these steps. This way you make sure that all app files are up to date and error-free. 

@wcous2 we're sorry to hear that your experiencing difficulties. Note that when you follow the clean reinstall steps, you don't need to access the setting menu through the gear icon. The best course of action is to perform the reinstall on all your devices and see if afterwards all features are available and your account is synching across all devices. It's also a good idea to ensure that the app has all necessary permissions and is excluded from all battery optimization and cache clearing apps. If that doesn't do the trick, you can post a screenshot of how the app is displayed on your device and we'll gladly help you further.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts