Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone SE

Operating System

iOS 12

Why does Shazam have a button to add a song to Spotify List if that option is always greyed  out? I have connected my Spotify account to my Shazam. 

5B0C765D-38D3-4E65-920E-23BBB00CD11C.png
24 Replies

I guess I spoke too quickly. I just Shazamed two songs and neither of them showed up in My Shazam Tracks. Looks like I’m going to uninstall and reinstall both, as you mentioned, and see what happens. It’s not like I haven’t had to do this before.

As for the intermittent nature of the "Add to" button, I typically experience the same thing. Most of the time it doesn’t show up, and I end up pressing the Spotify button, which, as you said, takes you directly to the song and then you can add it to a playlist from there.

The "Add to" button, however, is much more convenient. If it’s not going to work--or only going to work when it feels like--I would prefer they just remove the functionality all together, so I’m not constantly looking at a grayed-out button and getting more and more annoyed.

I'll post my results. And, again, thanks for the information and help.

Reinstalled both Shazam and Spotify. Only this time, I didn’t check the box to "Auto-Shazam." For the first three Shazams, I had the "add to" button. The next one I didn’t. The next one I did. The next one I didn’t. Clearly, this is just a big fat joke. It works when it feels like.

If it wasn’t for the "Spotify Connect" feature, I would have already switched to Apple Music. The major problem is that it’s not as easy to play it on any device at any time, like it is with Spotify.

Spotify integration seems to have been adopted by almost every platform in existence. That is not the case with Apple Music.

Update:

I decided to spend some time on Apple Music to evaluate it more, and it’s a worse user experience than Spotify. Actually, Spotify is FAR superior. Can’t even alphabetize a playlist without using iTunes. What? The best feature they offer is beautiful on-screen lyrics. That’s it. Trainwreck!

This happened to me too. I live in Indonesia and using Spotify Premium for Android. 

Here's one example from Avicii's True album. While a song can be added to Spotify the other can't (greyed out). I mean both songs are playable here and don't greyed out..

Screenshot_20200517-113710.jpg
Screenshot_20200517-113703.jpg

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, the reality is that there is no consistency at all to how Shazam and Spotify interact. It's disgusting that two platforms backed by billions of dollars have such inferior technology. Worse, neither seem to care. Two greedy, selfish, dismissive companies that seem to have no idea what the term "customer experience" means.

You know that Shazam bought by Apple right?...

Suggested posts