Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle and Repeat not working

Solved!

Shuffle and Repeat not working

I am pretty sure it's an iOS 11 problem as well. But, I hope Spotify has a fix on this.

I always play songs on shuffle and repeat. I have a playlist on Spotify that has a huge list of songs, more than 500 songs.

I updated my iPhone to iOS 11. And, I am having problems playing Spotify from my phone in my 2015 Mazda6. Every time I connect my phone to the car's Bluetooth, the shuffle and the repeat feature turns off, and when I turn it back on, it's still won't work. i kept repeating the process of turning back the shuffle and repeat on, and it turns off by itself.

I really hope they have a solution for this. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The one tip that does work is using the (terrible) Mazda voice command “Bluetooth - Shuffle - All.” I even tried to get my 2015 Mazda 6 system updated but Mazda basically abandoned the infotainment systems prior to the 2016 model year.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi all, for those of you with Mazda cars affected with this issue, and specifically iPhones at least... I have some good/bad news for you.

There was a Mazda technical service bulletin that went out a while ago, which - if you've had it done - by the anecdotal responses in the forum thread in question, the issue would be solved (and the shuffle button right on the touch screen apparently would work, no less).

The gist of it is, the bluetooth receiver component of the old style Mazda head unit (note: if you have the newer Mazda Connect, you won't be experiencing this problem anyway.. this is the older style one in use until 2015-ish), needed to be replaced with a newer version.

More information here: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123847299-Service-Bulletin-FIX-USB-playback-and-SMS-B...!!!

You'll notice the earliest posts were in 2015 when this was first released, and the latest posts are from recently where people are still stumbling across this.

Extremely disappointing -- in my case, I bought my car used and had no idea that this was not addressed and only found out this evening my BT unit is reporting the old firmware number starting with a 6, instead of the newer one starting with a 7 using the methods detailed in that forum post to figure it out. In the process, I mean, I even found out my car is subject to a recall (!) that never was completed, so, I'm hoping that Mazda will be understanding that the dealer in question didn't do their due diligence...

I'll be calling Mazda Canada tomorrow to try and suss this out, hopefully just by their good will given my situation. I suggest the rest of you do the same and contact your respective country's Mazda customer care if you can at all.

TL;DR Summary: the bluetooth radio component is out of date and needs to be replaced, and is likely the source of this issue. If one had known about this sooner, it could have been easily done under warranty.

Best,

View solution in original post

69 Replies

I have the same issue with my Mazda CX5, 2014 Model. 

Since I updated my iPhone 7 Plus to iOS11, the Shuffle and Repeat function switch off everytime a new Song starts or if I press the forward/back button. 

I hope that gets solved soon

Have a 2014 Mazda 6 and an iPhone 7 and have the same exact problem. As soon as that update hit, the shuffle wasn’t working. Love Spotify and this is how I listen to music, I hope they fix it! 

I have the same issue with my iphone7 running iOS11 / 2014 Mazda6. I click the shuffle button but the moment the current song ends, shuffle turns off and the next song in the playlist starts playing. The Shuffle button basically has no effect at all. Even skipping songs (pressing the next button) just disables shuffle and the songs just continue to play in sequential order.

I was able to speak with Spotify Support but they weren't able to fix it. They suspect that it might be the iOS update. Then, I tried contacting Apple Support and they only told me to leave a feedback at www.apple.com/feedback and they said that their engineers check them often and they might be able to help us with this issue. Well, hopefully! I hate using AUX, though.

Same problem, iPhone 8, iOS 11, 2014 Mazda 6

i want to turn off the d**m shuffle play and can't ,  every album is shuffled 

perhaps it is something related to the IOS updating  

will see what happens 

I have the exact same problem with my 2014 Mazda CX5 on my Iphone 7. It seems to be directly related to the IOS 11 update and I'm super bummed. I have a huge playlist of like 700 songs just like you that I always shuffle play. I've deleted the app like 3 times and tried deleting my phone and readding it to my car. Nothing works. I hope they fix this soon!

Glad I am not the only one. I thought I was going crazy. Same exact issue. I turn on Shuffle and repeat, then click the next button and it automatically turns them both off and goes to the next song.

Also running into this issue after the ios11 update — in a 2015 Mazda CX-5. 

Seems to be a common thread with the mazda BT connection I guess, but it only happened after the last update... hoping for a fix soon. 

Hi guys,

Surprise surprise is what I thought yesterday evening as I saw that Apple released already the first update for iOS11 -> 11.0.1 <-

I installed it with the hope that this will solve the issue. BUT it didn‘t solve it. 

Another thing; is there anyone who has the same issue but with a different car branch (Audi, VW, BMW, Porsche, Kia, etc.) or is it only an issue with Mazda? 

Another question; does anyone has the same issue by using a bluetooth headset or speaker? 

Best Regards to all

KB

There's a new Spotify App Update today and after I downloaded it, the problem was gone. I was able to shuffle music on my Mazda while I was on my way to work today. Then, the problem came back. It may be the app itself is causing the problem. really hoping this will be fixed a soon as possible.

I have continued to have this issue since the last iOS update while connecting to the bluetooth in my car (Mazda CX5). However, I have not had this issue whatsoever when connecting to my bluetooth speaker at home or my bluetooth headphones.

thanks, I will wait a bit to update then

I am having the same issue in my 2015 Mazda CX-5...I seriously thought I was going insane. When I am on wifi I have no issues with shuffle but as soon as I get in my car and hit shuffle, like I always do, it doesn't work even though the songs/playlist are downloaded onto my phone. It's so frustrating, I love me some shuffle!! Hope they fix it soon! 

Just a brief confirm - borrowed a family member's car, a 2016 Toyota Prius -- no issues with BT shuffling or anything in there.

So looks like it's *just* Mazda, and just after the last update.

Spotify devs - help?

I’m currently working with Spotify as I reported this the day it stopped working (iPhone 7+/ iOS 11.0.1 and 2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring) and they have told me to check for a firmware update on my car.  I would recommend reporting this to Spotify if you haven’t already.  I used Twitter (@SpotifyCares) and they respond quickly to you.  The more people report it the better chances of them actually working with Apple to get the bug fixed! 

Same problem with Mazda 6 2014...

here is my post about it

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Shuffle-dissapear-when-I-connect-Spotify-in-my-Car/...

i've already asked to @spotifycares on Twitter... waiting for their answer

I am so glad I am not the only one having this issue!  Mazda 6 2014 with the Iphone 8 ios 11.1.  Hopefully there is a fix for this soon, no fun when you have a playlist of 300+ songs!

My only solution at this moment, is using Playlist Radio

Suggested posts