Shuffling to songs not in the playlist

Solved!
Highlighted

Shuffling to songs not in the playlist

Casual Listener

I don't have premium and I'm not going to purchase it till this problem is fixed. Basically, when i shuffle a playlist, it'll play songs not in the playlist. It'll even play songs I've never heard of. However, it always plays a song from the same artists in my playlists. My playlists are mostly single songs from an artist here or an artist there. I even tried making a playlist with just one song, and it'll still shuffle to other songs from that one artist. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app but to no avail. Help!

5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Shuffling to songs not in the playlist

Community Legend
How many tracks are in the playlist?
To my knowledge on mobile devices if the playlist is less than 12 tracks it will add in "suggested" tracks.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Solution!

Casual Listener
I started having this problem recently also. I found that it was only starting to play the additional songs after my songs had finished. I discovered the AutoPlay feature in settings and turned it off. I no longer have the problem. Hope this might help.

Highlighted
Solution!

Casual Listener
I have noticed the exact same thing. I think Spotify is just inserting songs bc we r Spotify Free users. I'm not going to pay £9.99 a month here in the UK for Spotify Premium when Americans pay $9.99 a month. A dollar isn't a pound! I might switch to a paid Amazon Music plan very soon though bc it's charged at a much better price and has a much better package as part of Amazon Prime. Why? Bc the songs that Spotify is inserting to my playlists are **bleep**.

Highlighted
Solution!

Casual Listener
I'm on Spotify Free. I had the exact same annoying issue as you - as I said in my previous post. I just checked my settings. I had recently reinstalled btw. Anyway, I turned off both Autoplay and Waze Navigation and this seems to have markedly reduced the amount of the unwanted added in tracks while I played a Playlist the next time I used Spotify on my mobile. So, try turning off both Autoplay and Waze Navigation and see if it helps you too.

Highlighted
Solution!

This is extremely annoying, it only started doing it on mine today (I have always had autoplay off, and have had both the free and the premium). It does not even play the whole playlist, it swaps to "recommended" songs before my lists are through. What is the point of making a playlist then? If I wanted to hear the songs Spotify is suggesting I'd have put them on the list... I cannot get back to my list, bc even though I have restarted the whole app, it somehow remembers which weirdo suggestion it was playing and skips right back to it. So now I have to go make copies of my playlists so I can again listen to my playlists... I do not mind the ads but this is making me search for alternative services.

110 Replies
Highlighted
Solution!

Community Legend
How many tracks are in the playlist?
To my knowledge on mobile devices if the playlist is less than 12 tracks it will add in "suggested" tracks.

Peter

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Wow. I've been trying to fix this for weeks and that worked! Thanks so much! I appreciate it!

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Well my playlist is way longer then 12 songs and still it keeps adding tracks from outside my playlist when in shuffle mode. Which makes the whole playlist absolete... Why is this.
Highlighted

Community Legend
Are you definitely playing the playlist on shuffle and not Playlist radio?

Peter

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Hi Peter,

Well i search for music and then i add the music to a new playlist. Saying this, i do also see the lists under the radio button. But as far as i know i just created playlists. Hope to hear from you.

Regards,

Eddie
Highlighted

Casual Listener
Hi peter, just checked it and i definantly add the music to playlist and not to radio playlists.

Regards,

Eddie
Highlighted

Community Legend
Would it be possible to get a link to the playlist?

Peter

Highlighted

Regular

@eddievanbeek wrote:
Hi peter, just checked it and i definantly add the music to playlist and not to radio playlists.

Regards,

Eddie

Mine does the same. Exactly the same issue. 

Highlighted

Community Legend
Are you on Spotify free? If so, you will get suggested tracks injected into your playlist if it contains less than 12 artists.

Peter

SUGGESTED POSTS