Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffling to songs not in the playlist

Solved!

Shuffling to songs not in the playlist

I don't have premium and I'm not going to purchase it till this problem is fixed. Basically, when i shuffle a playlist, it'll play songs not in the playlist. It'll even play songs I've never heard of. However, it always plays a song from the same artists in my playlists. My playlists are mostly single songs from an artist here or an artist there. I even tried making a playlist with just one song, and it'll still shuffle to other songs from that one artist. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app but to no avail. Help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

How many tracks are in the playlist?
To my knowledge on mobile devices if the playlist is less than 12 tracks it will add in "suggested" tracks.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I started having this problem recently also. I found that it was only starting to play the additional songs after my songs had finished. I discovered the AutoPlay feature in settings and turned it off. I no longer have the problem. Hope this might help.

Marked as solution

I have noticed the exact same thing. I think Spotify is just inserting songs bc we r Spotify Free users. I'm not going to pay £9.99 a month here in the UK for Spotify Premium when Americans pay $9.99 a month. A dollar isn't a pound! I might switch to a paid Amazon Music plan very soon though bc it's charged at a much better price and has a much better package as part of Amazon Prime. Why? Bc the songs that Spotify is inserting to my playlists are **bleep**.

Marked as solution

I'm on Spotify Free. I had the exact same annoying issue as you - as I said in my previous post. I just checked my settings. I had recently reinstalled btw. Anyway, I turned off both Autoplay and Waze Navigation and this seems to have markedly reduced the amount of the unwanted added in tracks while I played a Playlist the next time I used Spotify on my mobile. So, try turning off both Autoplay and Waze Navigation and see if it helps you too.

Marked as solution

This is extremely annoying, it only started doing it on mine today (I have always had autoplay off, and have had both the free and the premium). It does not even play the whole playlist, it swaps to "recommended" songs before my lists are through. What is the point of making a playlist then? If I wanted to hear the songs Spotify is suggesting I'd have put them on the list... I cannot get back to my list, bc even though I have restarted the whole app, it somehow remembers which weirdo suggestion it was playing and skips right back to it. So now I have to go make copies of my playlists so I can again listen to my playlists... I do not mind the ads but this is making me search for alternative services.

110 Replies
Marked as solution

How many tracks are in the playlist?
To my knowledge on mobile devices if the playlist is less than 12 tracks it will add in "suggested" tracks.

Peter

Wow. I've been trying to fix this for weeks and that worked! Thanks so much! I appreciate it!

Well my playlist is way longer then 12 songs and still it keeps adding tracks from outside my playlist when in shuffle mode. Which makes the whole playlist absolete... Why is this.

Are you definitely playing the playlist on shuffle and not Playlist radio?

Peter

Hi Peter,

Well i search for music and then i add the music to a new playlist. Saying this, i do also see the lists under the radio button. But as far as i know i just created playlists. Hope to hear from you.

Regards,

Eddie

Hi peter, just checked it and i definantly add the music to playlist and not to radio playlists.

Regards,

Eddie

Would it be possible to get a link to the playlist?

Peter

@eddievanbeek wrote:
Hi peter, just checked it and i definantly add the music to playlist and not to radio playlists.

Regards,

Eddie

Mine does the same. Exactly the same issue. 

Are you on Spotify free? If so, you will get suggested tracks injected into your playlist if it contains less than 12 artists.

Peter

@Peter wrote:
Are you on Spotify free? If so, you will get suggested tracks injected into your playlist if it contains less than 12 artists.

Yeah - first I thought it had to be 12 track because of what you wrote back in January. Now I have added extra songs so that I now exceed 12 artists aswell.

But this has not solved my problem 😞

And it is even worse - because all the songs it wants me to hear are horrible MJ songs 😉

Hi Peter,

Sorry haven't responded earlier. I have it with all my playlists. These are basically lists i make per artist, usually with several albums in it.

@Bodilsen wrote:

@Peter wrote:

Yeah - first I thought it had to be 12 track because of what you wrote back in January. Now I have added extra songs so that I now exceed 12 artists aswell.

And it is even worse - because all the songs it wants me to hear are horrible MJ songs 😉

And it is even worse when you can't skip the songs you have not chosen for a playlist - when you as a free user does not have unlimited skips :'(

@Bodilsen wrote:

@Bodilsen wrote:

@Peter wrote:

And it is even worse when you can't skip the songs you have not chosen for a playlist - when you as a free user does not have unlimited skips :'(

And it is the same 5 or 6 songs it wants me to hear? If it at least were some different new songs I had not listened to before, it would not be so anoying. ?

I have the exact same situation - only I have Spotify Premium and the playlist I'm supposed to currently listen to has about 1100 songs on it. I haven't queued any songs manually at all. It adds songs to the "play queue" that are not in my playlist but from artists I have - not that I mind cause it's good music but I'd like to know what is happening since I only noticed this yesterday. I have tried to find a "Source" option to see where the songs come from but haven't been successful.

@MissMalver wrote:

I have the exact same situation - only I have Spotify Premium and the playlist I'm supposed to currently listen to has about 1100 songs on it. I haven't queued any songs manually at all. It adds songs to the "play queue" that are not in my playlist but from artists I have - not that I mind cause it's good music but I'd like to know what is happening since I only noticed this yesterday. I have tried to find a "Source" option to see where the songs come from but haven't been successful.

I would also be more 'forgiving' of this feature if it added som variety to my playlist - but it is just the same 5 or 6 songs it tryes to push me 🙂

I have now removed Michael Jackson from my playlists completely. Sad but necessary ...

This is happening to me as well.

I'm currently on Free mode, and my iOS app keeps including songs in the shuffle that are not part of those playlists. I only noticed it because my smaller playlist (31 tracks) was shuffling songs that I've removed long ago.

I already deleted and re-installed the app but it still happens.

Same thing happening to me - on mobile (ios).  Playlist contains way more than 12 songs (29 in fact).  

http://open.spotify.com/album/2TgmNXL3JWRHxcSx8jyw08

It played many songs (a) not in the playlist and (b) nowhere near the genre.  I had limited FFwds due to mobile/plan.

I currently have the grandfathered-in 4.99/month plan.

Spoiler

I have a playlist with more than 12 musics and the suggested music stil appears on my android device. is it possible to not have thoes suggested musics or not? i have a free account

Suggested posts