Some links/buttons are unresponsive while AirPods are connected

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone SE 2020

Operating System

iOS 14

My Question or Issue

When I click certain links and buttons in the Spotify app, nothing happens.

These links/buttons include: Remove download (both the text link and the icon), Change Image (to set a custom image to a playlist), Make private (on a playlist), and Pin playlist.

Strangely, I think this bug only occurs while Bluetooth is enabled on my iPhone my AirPods (model A1523) are connected to my iPhone.

I have tried: quitting and re-opening the Spotify app, deleting and reinstalling the Spotify app, updating the app via the App Store, logging out and signing back in to the app, restarting my iPhone, and updating my iPhone's iOS.

None of these work. The only thing that does seem to make the links/buttons work again is to turn Bluetooth off on my iPhone disconnect my AirPods.

*Edited: 06 Aug 2021

3 Replies

Hey @orsonsd,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

We appreciate the troubleshooting you've done so far. Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend the steps in that guide, as they’re very thorough and make sure no damaged leftover files remain. Make sure to restart your device before running the newly installed app - this will allow the Bluetooth system to start afresh from the ground up.      

Also, could you clarify if the issue comes only of Bluetooth is activated in general or if a specific device is connected? If it's the latter, please include in your reply the make and model of that device. It would also help the troubleshooting process a lot if you could ask a friend or family member to log into their Spotify account on your device and see if the same behavior comes up.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you, Mihail.

I have tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app, but the issue persists. Thank you for sharing that link.

Due to your prompt, I have realised that the issue only arises when a specific device is connected: my Apple AirPods (1st generation), model number A1523. There is no issue when a different device, or no device, is connected.

I have not been able to log into a different Spotify account on my device yet, but when I do, I will update this reply to let you know the result.

Hi @orsonsd,

Thank you for posting this update!

In order to isolate this issue, let us know the results as soon as you're able to use a different account. This will help us understand if this is related to your account, or if it is something else.

If you don't have access to another account, you can create a free one here.

Let us know what happens after this test. We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts