Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song jumps to the bottom of the playlist

Solved!

Song jumps to the bottom of the playlist

Device: iPhone and mac

Operator system: IOS 14

Membership: premium

Hello:)

I created a new playlist on my new user. Then I copied all the songs from a playlist on my old user, to create an exact similar playlist on my new user. The problem now is that the songs were added in a random order when I copied them into the new playlist. The order is really important to me! If I use "custom order", they are in the same order as the old playlist. BUT then, when I add new songs, they are added to the bottom... (This is because you have to use the "newly added-filter" on to get the songs on the top). 

As soon as I made the new playlist, I added songs to it, and they came on the top (and then I had on "custom order")! I have no idea what other settings I must have used then. I want to also mention that I have tried this on both mac and iphone.

Is there any way I can keep my order (by using the filter "custom order"), but at the same time get the new-added-songs on top? I know that this is possible, as I former have managed it with two songs (before they started being added at the bottom).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Karentyssen

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

Currently, the recently added songs are added to the bottom of the playlist if you're using the filter you mentioned. 

You can drag the songs which are added to the bottom of the playlist to the place you'd like them to be. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi there @Karentyssen,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you try to click the 3 dot menu on a playlist > edit playlist > then they can click on the 3 lines next to songs to drag them around the list?

You can also custom order them in the desktop app.

Keep us posted 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Marked as solution

Hey @Karentyssen, good to hear you were able to arrange the songs as you like them.

For now it's only possible to mark multiple songs on the desktop app but we have an idea about implementing this on mobile as well.

You can leave your +Vote here if you'd like to support it.

We'll be here if there's anything else we can do for you.

Have a lovely weekend!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Karentyssen

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

Currently, the recently added songs are added to the bottom of the playlist if you're using the filter you mentioned. 

You can drag the songs which are added to the bottom of the playlist to the place you'd like them to be. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Yeah i tried that on my phone, but it didnt work.. How do you do it?

Marked as solution

Hi there @Karentyssen,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you try to click the 3 dot menu on a playlist > edit playlist > then they can click on the 3 lines next to songs to drag them around the list?

You can also custom order them in the desktop app.

Keep us posted 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

It worked, thank you very much! A bit cumbersome but .. Should have been possible to move more than one song at the same time, for example in the same way as you can now move several apps at the same time on iPhone! I have over 500 songs on the list, so moving one song at a time to the top took its time😂

Marked as solution

Hey @Karentyssen, good to hear you were able to arrange the songs as you like them.

For now it's only possible to mark multiple songs on the desktop app but we have an idea about implementing this on mobile as well.

You can leave your +Vote here if you'd like to support it.

We'll be here if there's anything else we can do for you.

Have a lovely weekend!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Why don't you guys fix it then!!?? It is so annoying having to drag each newly added song to the top!!!!

Suggested posts