Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Song order

Solved!

Song order

Hi, 

I have spotify premium, which i use on my iphone. The thing that annoys me the most is that the oldest songs are on the top of my playlists and the newest at the bottom, so i have scroll all the way to the bottom of the playlist to listen to the songs i recently added. However, on my computer I am able to change this so that the newest song is on the top of the list while the oldest song comes on the bottom. This is something you guys should make possible on the iphone app too, and would make life i little bit easier.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This idea has been suggested before here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Sort-and-filter-tracks-inside-a-playlist-iOS/idi-p/59...

The filter part of the idea has been implemented, now everyone is just waiting for Spotify to add the sorting.

Add a kudo to the idea to show your support for it. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

This idea has been suggested before here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Sort-and-filter-tracks-inside-a-playlist-iOS/idi-p/59...

The filter part of the idea has been implemented, now everyone is just waiting for Spotify to add the sorting.

Add a kudo to the idea to show your support for it. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Has this issue been resolved? I used to be able to sort my songs oldest to newest but one day, it went back to newest to oldest so oldest songs are at the top. I've seen multiple message boards with the same suggestion and complaints. Am I missing the solution or has spotify still not remedied this feature? Suggestions appreciated as it's driving me crazy! 

Same here. Scroll to the top of the playlist until the search bar appears. To the right is a three horizontal bar icon, which you can tap to pull up a "Sort By" menu. Change to recently added.

There doesn't, however, seem to be a permanent "default" sort order that you can change, which is frustrating. However, the above is a current workaround.

Suggested posts