Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song unavailable?

Solved!

Song unavailable?

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone XR, Computer

Operating System

iOS 12.4.1, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I found a song that was marked “unavailable” and any time I try to play it, it will tell me it is unavailable and “You can still start radio based on this artist”, I’ve deleted my cache, redownloaded the app, and multiple things to no avail. The song is “Don’t Touch” by Dan Farber and the only way I can find it, is in a random playlist. 

6A51B5C6-C3CE-4AB2-B444-2DF17A9B8E32.png
5A3E8A5D-F717-45A8-8987-03D8BA53B446.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Argonile, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

The greyed out tracks just mean that for whatever reason, they are unavailable in your country. This could be due to licensing or the request of the record label or artist. Unfortunately, this is something that Spotify doesn't have control over as it is up to the individual music companies. 

Is there something missing that you were expecting to see? Go ahead and submit a request here to find out about missing content.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Argonile, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

The greyed out tracks just mean that for whatever reason, they are unavailable in your country. This could be due to licensing or the request of the record label or artist. Unfortunately, this is something that Spotify doesn't have control over as it is up to the individual music companies. 

Is there something missing that you were expecting to see? Go ahead and submit a request here to find out about missing content.

Alright. Thank you for the answer 😊

Of course! Hope it helped and you have a great day!

You too, thank you!

same here, my favorite song Shadow Dancing by Andy Gibb is unavaliable, the weird thing is that the problem happens just on my second account which is premium so I like it better lol. When I log in on my main the song's stills there. Idk what to do...

The fact that most of the songs which I listen to are unvailable in India sucks.

I am the artist and I own my record label , my album is all greyed our except one , it’s out on all other online stores , what could be the problem ?
Only 1 song plays out of 21 . The others are unavailable

Here is a link to see
https://open.spotify.com/album/2uW4H8ecLI9Mcukis9hX6f?si=o7KARnzfR5-VcKOjc0oLvg

Hey @Dayochino1,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! Don't worry we're here to help.

Keep in mind that if the album was just recently uploaded, it might take 24 to 72 hours for it to properly sync with our servers. You can also have a look at your country setting in your account page and check if everything is in order. This page explains how to do this. 

@evavhidalgo it's a good idea that you also compare the country settings of both your accounts. If that's indeed the case, are they using the same network connection? Is it possible that VPN is active?

This site also helps you check album availability across different regions.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on your progress.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

How can this problem be solved

Jaiden

Hi, I'm hoping that you reach this reply. You said that some songs are blocked in certain country but the same song is not blocked for my friend. It also used to play when I first got Spotify. It stopped playing 2 months ago.  

Hello, hope you gonna reply to this, i have same problem with my songs on spotify, i use distrokid as a distributor and today people are typing me that to all my songs got this message 'this song is unavailable' not just one but all the songs and not just from one country but from US, Geramny, Switzerland etc. 

can someone help me, because i don't know where to find help distrokid didn't reply to me, spotify administrators says that you have to contact distributor but they didn't reply to me.

hiya, i have been in the same country for years and suddenly out of nowhere over 113 songs in my playlist (that always worked and were added in the same country) dont work anymore. idk if its a bug or something because everything works fine on my phone.

por ej: la música de la cantante Italiana Nada en español, Rafaella Carrá y sus mayores éxitos en español, las canciones más famosas en español de la cantante Gigliola Cinquetti, Albano y Romina Power también en español y muchas otras canciones de diferentes cantantes y conjuntos que no están en Spotify, espero que más adelante incluyan la música de todos los cantantes antemencionados y mucho más y con el sonido original, desde ya muchas gracias

Premium Plan, yet song/songs are Not Available on Spotify, yet Available on other Song Platforms?
YouTube, Apple!
WTF?

I was listening to the song a few days ago and now it’s saying that it’s unavailable 

Suggested posts