Spotify Connect Sets Volume to Max

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Spotify Connect Sets Volume to Max

MathiasRI88

It has been another year since the last post, where it was concluded that nothing has been done to fix the issue since 2014!

I am now experiencing the same issue in 2018!!

Is there any fixes as of now?

Highlighted

valentinsm

Any update on this? Seems to still be an unreslved issue?

Highlighted

saj2

Same issue with Sony STR-DN1070 and iOS last few days.

Highlighted

nicbex
Casual Listener

This is NOT SOLVED and a HUGE PROBLEM. I just played Spoticy Connect on my DN1080 and I was pretty sure that Spotify Connect blew my speakers when the volume exploded to 100 before I had the time to reach the receiver. This could seriously both damage the hardware, speakers and potentially even the receiver, as well as the hearing of people and animals. How come that Spotify ignores this issue?

I'm willing to change to Apple Music or similar if needed.

Highlighted

dflachbart
Music Fan

It's as funny as sad... Somehow I still get notifications on this thread, and was just looking at my post from almost 4 years ago, when I started experiencing the same issue. Unbelievable that they still haven't fixed it. Glad that I made the switch to Apple Music soon after - certainly looks like it was the right decision, and I never looked back.

Highlighted

mgoblue62
Casual Listener

Just adding my + to this.  All latest software and firmware.  Spotify Connect with Denon AVR-X3200W.  Has been like this since I started with Spotify.  Sad customer focus. (Why is this topic marked Solved?)

sickofbugs

What is the best alternative to Spotify?

We run IOS in the house - woud google music be a possibility? - same price (in Denmark)

Highlighted

Ska640

I have the same issue with Bowers&Wilkings Zeppelin wireless and Spotify connect. I’ve uppgraded from a IPhone 5S to a 6S but the problem remains for me, Never happens to my boyfriend though, even on same Spotify acocunt, wi-fi and speaker. Super weird. And as all of you said - It scares the **bleep** out of me. Almost started crying the first time haha. 

BUT - what I have not seen anyone of you write that I experience is that I cannot lower the volume again when it is at max. I press down the volume with my full power and the volume bar struggles back and forth but eventually ”it” wins every time and ends up at maximum again.. Is this only for me??

I really need a solution for this because I will die from an heart attack soon..

Highlighted

nicbex
Casual Listener
I think it would continue to increase for me as well, however it raised so fast for me so the only thing I had left beside waiting for my speakers to blow was to throw myself on the power button of the receiver. Since Spotify ignores the issue I think I'll switch to Apple Music, bought a new receiver just to get good wireless playback and now I don't dare to use it.
Highlighted

crabello

I have found out that the Music volume settings in iOs do matter. If you go to Settings > Music and set a limit to the volume (e.g. de EU setting at 70%), I found out Spotify Connect uses that setting (it was at 100% before). I have tested it and it certainly changes. So, set this volume to 50% and you won't be suprised. Redicolous it has to work this way. Deezer does not have this problem.

SUGGESTED POSTS