Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect Sets Volume to Max

Solved!

Spotify Connect Sets Volume to Max

I use Spotify on my iPad Mini to control Beoplay A9 using Connect. Sometimes when I close the Spotify app and reopen it while the songs are playing, it sets the Connect volume to max automatically after detecting the device. I have been scared the hell out of me by this more than a handful of times. Now I am worried that my A9 is going to break soon because of this.

Really appreciate if someone at Spotify could look into this. The app should NOT change the volume when it reconnects to device, or at the very least set the default to MINIMUM.

Thanks in advance.

119 Replies

I have the same problem with my Yamaha RN-500. So i think it's a problem in spotify connect. I almost destroit my speakers.
I'll have to say that i have this problem no almost 2 months. Before that it worked perfectly.

Have the same problem with Yamaha RN-500 with latest firmware. (on connect it blasts volume to max although volume on Yamaha is set to 0 or mute).

I've re-installed and see no improvement. Sincerely i'm not very happy to test this as i have quite expensive equipment and not willing to disconnect my speakers. Question will go also to Yamaha. why one would allow volume override without proper testing.

It would be great if someone from Spotify could acknowledge here that they consider this an issue that needs to be fixed. I don't mind waiting for a fix (even if it takes longer), as long as I know that it will eventually be done...

Dirk

Hey everyone!

Sorry I haven't replied recently. This is something we're working on at the moment.

Sorry again for the delay, I'll let you know as soon as I've got more news

Awesome, that's great to know!

Thanks Jack!

Hey folks, this should be sorted in our latest update (iOS 1.6.0). 

If you continue to have any trouble after using that latest version please let us know. Thanks for your patience while we investigated this for you!

Haven't got a chance to use the updated version a lot yet, but the few times I tried the issue did not reappear, so far so good!! Too early to tell, but if it remains that way then kudos, thank you so much!!

Dirk

and the best darn thing is that you can even control the volume of the other device using Spotify Connect now.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Thanks, it worked perfectly. I'am very happy with this update.

>> and the best darn thing is that you can even control the volume of the other device using Spotify Connect now.

Well, that's what was really causing this problem in the first place... I understand that many will see this a great feature, but I feel a little different about it. Even now with the fix, it's just too darn easy to accidently swipe your thumb across to max receiver output and possibly damage your equipment (not even speaking of scaring dog, wife, etc.). I'd really like to see a setting to completely disable the volume sync to the other device, just to have an ease of mind that something like this can never happen.

Read Below

Unfortunatly it also happens on my Android Device (Android 4.4.2 on Samsung S5 Spotify Version 1.8.0.993) with my Onkyo TX NR 636 AV Receiver.

Same here, same receiver. 😞

@Hinnerksen & @greenferret thanks for coming to the Community for your questions. Could you both confirm the app version you've got installed on your Androids? Thanks!

App version: 1.9.0.1273

Reciever: Onkyo TX-NR626

1.8.0.993 on a Samsung S5 with Android 4.4.2 and an Onkyo TX - NR626 as well (latest Firmware Update)

same problem: Spotify 1.9.0.1273 on Samsung S4mini and Onkyo TX - NR535 with latest firmware

Same problem with my Yamaha reveiver 2030. Receiver switches sometimes out of the blue to Spotify with the audio on max.

Hope a solution is on hand.

Hi,

I have the same problem with my Nexus 5 (Android) and Onkyo 616 AV receiver. Problem occured 2 times so far but I have 2 little kids and once it happened in the late night. I'm absolutely sure it Spotify's technical issue and it obviously exits no matter what OS we use.

Thanks

Spotify version: 1.9.0.1273

Nexus 5 (5.0.1)

Onkyo TX-NR616

Same here with Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4.2 and Denon AVR x2100w.
But it must be a bug in the app because when I turn on Spotify Connect on the avr most of the time the volume control stay at zero level on the app until I touch the control.
Happened to me that on the avr the volume was set really high and I jumped back trying to change volume from the phone, but the control was at zero level.
Camillo

Suggested posts