Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect?

Solved!

Spotify Connect?

hi, I'm trying to work out how to use spotify connect but seem a bit stumped. I wanna to control my ipad from my iphone but the two don't seem to 'connect'. Both have the latest versions of ios7 and spotify loaded and when I go to click on the 'connect' button it only gives me a volume bar for that device and not a list of devices that i can connect to... Is there something im doing wrong here, or is this not supposed to work quite yet. any ideas appreciated!!

Cheers

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Attention!

Sorry for the lack of communication about this, but as someone suggested earlier in the thread, Connect roll-out is indeed gradual. It's currently at 10% of (Premium) users. We don't want to make any promises about when it'll be available to everyone but you should see it soon enough.

Note: it won't be an update so you'll need to keep checking.

@nicka99 - while I can't comment on any specific plans outside of devices/partners we've already announced, there's a lot of other cool stuff we can do with it, so watch this space!

Edit: forgot to add, Connect hasn't yet launched on Yamaha devices (only Pioneer so far), so you might have a few problems there too. Just a heads up.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@Whistler wrote:

Can you confirm this is not an issue with other "connect" capable speakers / receivers? 

In that case i will also contact Pioneer. Maybe more of the issues i'm experiencing with "connect"  are related to the pioneer receiver rather than Spotify's implementation.

Cheers

I can queue several songs with connect on a Pioneer VSX-923 using an iPhone 5s with version 1.4.1334 of Spotify, edit the queue and have it play correctly after quitting the Spotify app.

View solution in original post

89 Replies

Same here, I only get my airplay devices (2 Apple TVs) in the list. I've tried with different iPhones and iPads as well without result... Why is this?

Hi all,

Anybody out there using spotify connect on two iDevices? Is it working? How?

I have the same or similar problem here, instead of the "spotify connect" logo (green speaker icon surrounded by a circle) I get the normal speaker volume icon. Both my iOS devices have the version 0.8.0.57.

Any news on this topic?

Spotify Connect is just another rolling-out-wait-till-the-end-of-time feature 😉 nobody knows when it will be available.
It would be great to have official updates on this matter from a qualified source

its already available, me girlfriend has it working between her ipad mini and iphone 4s.

Well I'm a spotify premium user and I don't have that feature. It' a rolling out feature. Someday I'll be a lucky user like you 😉

me too - I have premium subscription and hoping to use my iphone as a remote for ipad and vice versa - no luck yet 😞

is there some kind of staged rollout ?  is it per country or what ?

I guess I don't even see in my account.. Or am I delusional about it.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

I don't appear to have it either. According to what I have been able to find out, it should be available on iPhone and iPad now, but it doesn't work for me. Waiting to hear back from the Spotify team to see what they think!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm having this problem as well. Using an iPad Mini and iPhone 5 running iOS7 and latest versions of Spotify. The little speaker icon does not turn green or do anything but change volume when I tap it.

yenko1, can you post a screenshot of what happens when you tap the speaker icon in the bottom right of Spotify?

Hey guys, I found out how to get it working. You need to connect your iOS device first with a "spotify connect" enabled wireless speaker. After you succesfully connect with such speaker, you will be able to connect between iOS devices. 

I wonder what to do if we don't just happen to have one lying around 😛 

Peter

Peter

What happens if I don't have connect enabled speaker kickin' about, am I out of luck?

yenko1, now I'm exremely curious. Could you perform 2 tests please?

• First, on the same wireless network that the speaker is connected, reboot both iOS devices. Can you use Spotify Connect between the two iOS devices without first connecting to the speaker?
  • Next, either power off the speaker or move to a new wireless home network. After a reboot of both iOS devices, can you still use Spotify Connect between the two iOS devices?

The results of these tests could yeild some very interesting results that could answer some even more interesting questions. I look forward to your post!

if thats true than thats a big blow for me.  Ive been holding out for this since it was announced and dont really have any need for a Spotify Conncect speaker as just use my iphone with an aux-in.  This would have been a perfect solution for remote control of the music from my ipad.

Im a premium paying customer so dont see why I should have to buy a separate speaker or device just to enable this function.  I hope yenko1 its wrong !

I performed the tests rjpmortin, still works between ios devices. I believe you could try to go to a store a "test" the speaker with spotify connect. I dont know why this method works, but it did for me. Good luck everyone.

I have asked the Spotify team for (another) clarification about this! 

I'm with you guys above, I just want to be able to control my iPad from my iPhone 😛 

Peter

Peter

I can tell the method of yenko1 is working. I had no connection between my iPod Touch and my iPad before. Since I bought and connected my iPod Touch with a Pioneer Spotify connect-enabled speaker, my two iDevices see each other inside their respective Spotify app and I'm able to control one from the other. Only volume control is lacking.

Cheers!

Follow me

Suggested posts