Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Issues on iPad Pro

Solved!

Spotify Issues on iPad Pro

Hello, I'm a long time Spotify user and overall love the app!

I just purchased an iPad Pro today (128GB WiFi+LTE). The Spotify app opens to the splash page and hangs there indefinitely. At this page, the home button stops working (ie. it won't return me to the home screen). I have to lock the iPad with te power button and then unlock it to get back to the home screen. If I then select the Spotify app again (either through the app icon or the multitasking panel) the app immediately crashes. I have tried force closing the app and restarting the iPad.

I know the iPad Pro is new, but I wouldn't think there would be a difference in the app other than lack of support for side-by-side multitasking (which I'm not trying to do). Any thoughts?

-Joe

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey guys!

Just wanted to let you know that Spotify is aware of these issues when using the iPad Pro. Those will be fixed as soon as possible. Just be sure that you update to the latest Spotify version when it gets released.

Keep an eye on this topic for future updates!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/iOS-Unable-to-open-Spotify-on-iPad-Pro/idi-p/1238100

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey everyone,

To avoid tons of posts here, please follow along here for updates on this issue:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/iOS-Unable-to-open-Spotify-on-iPad-Pro/idi-p/1238100

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Marked as solution

The iPad Pro crash has been fixed in version 4.4 whic  just released today:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/iOS-Unable-to-open-Spotify-on-iPad-Pro/idc-p/1243476...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

27 Replies

Same here. Hope it's fixed soon

I guessing they have to update the app to support this screen size. I have not been able to launch it also.

Same problem. Reinstalled and everything. Still crashes on startup.

Same issue here! 

@jmsearcy wrote:

Hello, I'm a long time Spotify user and overall love the app!

I just purchased an iPad Pro today (128GB WiFi+LTE). The Spotify app opens to the splash page and hangs there indefinitely. At this page, the home button stops working (ie. it won't return me to the home screen). I have to lock the iPad with te power button and then unlock it to get back to the home screen. If I then select the Spotify app again (either through the app icon or the multitasking panel) the app immediately crashes. I have tried force closing the app and restarting the iPad.

I know the iPad Pro is new, but I wouldn't think there would be a difference in the app other than lack of support for side-by-side multitasking (which I'm not trying to do). Any thoughts?

Same......please fix 

Same problem may have to revert back to itunes

Same here, uninstalled and (re)installed Spotify app on iPad Pro 128 but the Spotify app will not start

Same for me

I think it crashes for every single person with an iPad Pro. I can't wait for more developers to update their apps.

same issue with me

Same problem here. Any updates on a fix?

Same issue, hope it gets sorted by tomorrow night!

If only developers knew there was going to be a giant ipad with four speakers months ago, perhaps they would have time to get ready for it.

The iPad came out 36 hours ago. It is impossible to test an app and deply a fix in that timeframe.

Same here..........  no excuse really no good support for the customer pro has been on the radar for a long time....

They have known for ages it's a bug nun the less and a big one, this is what's simulation is for 

A simulator does not catch all the bugs, only testing on a phystical device does.

Trusrt me, these things happen. Obviously none of you guys are developers on complex applications, or even developers at all.

Well it's not like it's a new iOS and I understand testing I work for a large app design agency. And I suppose it's not a real bug it's a catastrophic failure where you have a paid for service that does not work. 

Suggested posts