Spotify Issues on iPad Pro

Solved!
Highlighted

Spotify Issues on iPad Pro

jmsearcy
Regular

Hello, I'm a long time Spotify user and overall love the app!

I just purchased an iPad Pro today (128GB WiFi+LTE). The Spotify app opens to the splash page and hangs there indefinitely. At this page, the home button stops working (ie. it won't return me to the home screen). I have to lock the iPad with te power button and then unlock it to get back to the home screen. If I then select the Spotify app again (either through the app icon or the multitasking panel) the app immediately crashes. I have tried force closing the app and restarting the iPad.

I know the iPad Pro is new, but I wouldn't think there would be a difference in the app other than lack of support for side-by-side multitasking (which I'm not trying to do). Any thoughts?

-Joe
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Spotify Issues on iPad Pro

Jordi
Community Legend

Hey guys!

Just wanted to let you know that Spotify is aware of these issues when using the iPad Pro. Those will be fixed as soon as possible. Just be sure that you update to the latest Spotify version when it gets released.

Keep an eye on this topic for future updates!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/iOS-Unable-to-open-Spotify-on-iPad-Pro/idi-p/1238100

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

View solution in original post

Solution!

MattSuda
Community Legend

Hey everyone,

To avoid tons of posts here, please follow along here for updates on this issue:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/iOS-Unable-to-open-Spotify-on-iPad-Pro/idi-p/1238100

View solution in original post

Solution!

MattSuda
Community Legend
27 Replies

Dmcdede
Same here. Hope it's fixed soon

appzattak

I guessing they have to update the app to support this screen size. I have not been able to launch it also.

jasontho

Same problem. Reinstalled and everything. Still crashes on startup.

Same issue here! 

@jmsearcy wrote:

Hello, I'm a long time Spotify user and overall love the app!

I just purchased an iPad Pro today (128GB WiFi+LTE). The Spotify app opens to the splash page and hangs there indefinitely. At this page, the home button stops working (ie. it won't return me to the home screen). I have to lock the iPad with te power button and then unlock it to get back to the home screen. If I then select the Spotify app again (either through the app icon or the multitasking panel) the app immediately crashes. I have tried force closing the app and restarting the iPad.

I know the iPad Pro is new, but I wouldn't think there would be a difference in the app other than lack of support for side-by-side multitasking (which I'm not trying to do). Any thoughts?

eric11472

Same......please fix 

merlindcm
Casual Listener
Same problem may have to revert back to itunes

krewrov

Same here, uninstalled and (re)installed Spotify app on iPad Pro 128 but the Spotify app will not start

manucastle

Same for me

Apreche
Regular
I think it crashes for every single person with an iPad Pro. I can't wait for more developers to update their apps.
SUGGESTED POSTS