Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Kids iOS - Google Chromecast Support?

Spotify Kids iOS - Google Chromecast Support?

Plan

Premium

Operating System

iOS 13

My Question or Issue

Spotify Kids for iPhone does not seem to have support for Google Chromecast, meaning the kid’s cannot cast their music to the stereo, but I can using the standard app. Is this expected, and if so, any plans to add cast support to Spotify Kids for iPhone? Thanks.

6 Replies

Hey there @fergusyarrow,

Thanks for sharing this here in the Community.

Spotify Kids doesn't support Spotify Connect for now, which would explain why your kids are having troubles casting to a Chromecast device when accessing their profiles.

If this is something you'd like to see in the future, we'd recommend sharing your feedback to the Ideas Exchange. There's a handy guide on how to do that here. This way, other Spotify users can add their support and contribute to the discussion and you can stay up to speed with any updates we have to pass on regarding this.

However, if you're using your kids are using the app on an iPhone device, they should be able to use Bluetooth-connected speakers or headphones.

Hope this info is useful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Thanks for responding on this.

We've just installed the Spotify Kids app on an iOS device which is shared by everyone in the family. The idea was that the kids (all aged between 5 and 9) could use Spotify Kids app to select music for playback on the main speakers in the living room which are connected via a Google Chromecast dongle.

Without the capability to cast we can't do that. The speakers we use only have a single input as we use Chromecast for all sources, all app controlled, from Youtube to iPlayer to Spotify.

It looks like I need to uninstall Spotify Kids and continue with the kids using the normal Spotify app until this gets resolved. A bit disappointing but I guess you had an MVP in mind.

Hey there @qwuk,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community about this!

In this case, the best way to share your feedback and hopefully see this implemented is by sharing it in our Ideas Exchange.

This way, other users who'd like to see this feature in the Spotify Kids app can show their support and can contribute to the discussion. You can also stay up to speed with any updates we have regarding having Chromecast support on the app. 

To get started, you can check out the Spotify Answer I shared in my last reply.

If you're curious on how your feedback reaches Spotify through the Ideas Exchange, you can also take a look at this Spotify Answer.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Thank you Katerina. I have created an idea to have the feature added, as you suggested:

[iOS][Connect] Add Spotify Connect support for Spotify Kids

Hey again @fergusyarrow,

Glad to hear that this helped and that you shared your suggestion in our Idea Exchange!

@qwuk - If you haven't already, we'd suggest adding your +VOTE and feedback in @fergusyarrow's idea to show your support for this. You can find it here

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can lend a hand to!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

As my kids are using Alexa and Echo speaker with Spotify it would be consequent if Google Cast and Spotify connect would available in Spotify Kids as well. Doing this they search songs and what ever Alexa doesn't unterstand correctly by using the Spotify Kids App. Don't underestimate the Kids cleverness. Maybe you can distinguish between younger (till 6 Years) and older ones.

Martin

Suggested posts