Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium

Spotify Premium

Hi.I want to get the premium version on Spotify but I''m in Romania so basically i can't because Spotify isn't official here.I'm asking if I change the region on App Store in US and then redeem a code,can i get the premium version?Because i saw that the app is connecting to the Itunes Store.Sorry for the  grammar mistakes.

Photo 22-08-14 02 06 00 pm.png
Photo 22-08-14 02 06 15 pm.png
4 Replies

Yes, if you can convince the system that you are somewhere else (i.e. through a VPN or IP scrambler) and then also use a payment method from the country whose IP you are using (i.e. American reloadable Visa gift card), you can use Spotify from America. The same should work for any country or region. 

Just keep in mind that you can never revert to your "true" IP while using Spotify and you will have to create a new account when Spotify becomes available in Romania if you don't want to continue the same method. 

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I don't think you understood me.I want to know if changing the region on the App Store and them redeem a code,I will be able after pressing the "Get Premium" button to get the Premium version.I will buy online a code for US Itunes and the redeem it.But I hope that Spotify will be able to convert my account from Free to Premium.When i downloaded Spotify i was in Greece so I'm kinda scared that Spotify will tell me that the code has to be from Greece.So the US code will become useless.

I understand completely...however, at some point, you'll get an error that your IP does not match your region and will be kicked out.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

@user-removed If you have Spotify Premium, you can travel internationally with the account. Also take note that the premium code, can only be used on a US account ONLY if you have a US premium code, you can't use it cross borders due to the possible current fluctuations.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Suggested posts