I had to format my old ipod touch 2g, where I had spotify installed on it. However, now I understand the new version requires ios5, which the ipod touch 2g can't run. I've visited the site and there's a link to a legacy version for iOs4, however when I'm directed to the app store, it says it can't be completed because the app is not available in the USA store. Is this a glitch? Or has the app been removed for ever?
Please help me, as I use this for swimming, (I'd rather drown an old ipod touch rather than my iphone :P) and the app worked like a charm...
Solved! Go to Solution.
Sorry for the confusion 🙂 It was supposed to go live just after I wrote last time, but it took some extra time.
We had an issue recently that could've affected some users trying to sync tracks to their device, but should be solved now. It wasn't affected only Spotify for iOS 4, but all our clients 🙂
The only way to trigger the Last Compatible Version download is to have the app already 'purchased' under your Apple ID. Terrible solution, but that's how it seems to work.
Follow these steps to get older versions of Spotify, or other apps for that matter:
- Go to the App Store from within iTunes on your computer
- Download Spotify to your computer
- It will get linked to your Apple ID account
- Go to the App Store on your iPod/iPad/iPhone
- Go to Purchased Apps under Updates
- Go to the Not on this iPod section, you will see Spotify
- Try downloading Spotify
- You will be prompted to download the last compatible version
- Have fun!
Hopefully this works for people. I was able to get Spotify and other apps working on a 3rd gen iPod Touch. Made my day!
Yes, I have ipod touch 2g too, and there is no that tab.
But today I have tried again to download this app but using USA itunes account.
I do not know how but this time it worked. I did this:
1. Make USA account (it may work with other countries accounts, but maybe it is important to do it using USA account)
2. Download itunes, install it. Login with usa account
3. download spotify (normal spotify, not ios4 version) on itunes.
4. Connect ipod.
5. Sync Spotify app from itunes with ipod
5. if it does not sync go to appstore on ipod and install spotify using appstore on ipod.
I do not know how, but it installed ordinary spotify for me, maybe it is older version or something, but it is working. version of app:
0.4.24.65.gaef36bd1 - black font (maybe lastest version for ios4)
0.6.4.66.gdf356b01 - gray font (maybe lastest version at all for all ioses)
@FearlessEU: please notify me if it works for you.