Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for iOs 4 no longer in the app store

Solved!

Spotify for iOs 4 no longer in the app store

I had to format my old ipod touch 2g, where I had spotify installed on it. However, now I understand the new version requires ios5, which the ipod touch 2g can't run. I've visited the site and there's a link to a legacy version for iOs4, however when I'm directed to the app store, it says it can't be completed because the app is not available in the USA store. Is this a glitch? Or has the app been removed for ever?

Please help me, as I use this for swimming, (I'd rather drown an old ipod touch rather than my iphone :P) and the app worked like a charm...

thanks!

123 Replies

I received the following response from tech support. It sounds like ios 4 is not coming back. You should all get vocal on twitter as well, sometimes public requests get resolved sooner than private ones (please keep it classy). The ios4 app has been gone for over a month already, so if this is something you need, I would consider alternatives like Rdio.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hi there,
Thanks for reaching out to us here at Spotify.

Unfortunately we no longer support use with the iPhone 3G.

Unfortunately this means we can't guarantee a resolution to your issue. Though we'll be happy to keep on trying to help, at the end of the day this might just be down to incompatibility.

I hope this helps.
If you have any other questions please dont hesitate to contact us.
Kind Regards 

Steve 

Spotify Customer Service - Cambridge 

I received the following email after contacting customer service.

-----

Thanks for using Spotify and getting in touch with us.

As you mentioned, the iOS 4 app is currently unavailable to US users. Don't worry though, we're listening.

We hope to make this app available to you again very soon. Although we can't be time specific, you can keep updated with this over on this thread on the Community: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod/Spotify-for-iOs-4-no-longer-in-the-app-s...

I hope I've helped clear that up for you. Anything else you'd like to ask, I or another member of the team will be happy to help you.

-----

So, we've got one moderator looking into the situation and we've got another Spotify representative sending emails saying that they're not going to support the older phones.  Can someone please clarify?  Like the rest of the people on this thread I've been paying money for something I can't use.  It would be so easy to just provide the old Spotify on the app store....wouldn't it?  Booooo Spotify for bending to Apple and forcing us to buy new phones.  Spotify might be operating in the black but the rest of us are dealing with a recession and very tough financial times.  Music helps ease the pain.

I can't believe this issue is CLEARLY not being addressed. How can they ignore this huge portion of Spotify paying subscribers in the US? Then they give some bogus UK site link? Not acceptable. We should all take to Twitter and use the hash tag #spotify4OS4 and complain.

Please hurry, Savior David.  My friend's wedding party is this weekend and there will be no dancing without my amazing get-down playlist that I can only access via the Spotify app on ancient iPhone.  Thanks!

IOS 4 is back in the app store!!!

The app seems to be back in the app store for all the iOS 4 users. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

So it is there now .. though no one told us and it took a couple of downloads and reinstalls to get it working properly. Hopefully it won't suddenly disappear again!!! Great job everyone keeping the pressure on!

Anyone with OS4 having issues with syncing offline playlists? via wireless or computer sync?

I keep getting an error and that there is a server issue.

So much for using OS4 Spotify to its fullest.

Marked as solution

Sorry for the confusion 🙂 It was supposed to go live just after I wrote last time, but it took some extra time.

We had an issue recently that could've affected some users trying to sync tracks to their device, but should be solved now. It wasn't affected only Spotify for iOS 4, but all our clients 🙂

@Bengan wrote:

Sorry for the confusion 🙂 It was supposed to go live just after I wrote last time, but it took some extra time.

We had an issue recently that could've affected some users trying to sync tracks to their device, but should be solved now. It wasn't affected only Spotify for iOS 4, but all our clients 🙂

Thanks, and it's the first time I've seen someone with the spotify rank here 🙂

I always keep an eye open on the community, even though I don't always post here 🙂

@Bengan wrote:

I always keep an eye open on the community, even though I don't always post here 🙂

Well, today is my official 'starting' day of helping out 🙂

So with Spotify finally available in Ireland I signed up for premium.

What are the chances of getting the "Spotify for ios 4" app over here so I can use Spotify on my iPhone 3G ?

Regards,

brian.

@Brianon: It should show up now, there seemed to have been an issue with the AppStore for Spotify for iOS4 in the irish AppStore previously, but should now be fixed. I'm able to download it with my Irish AppStore account now at least 🙂

This was fixed shortly after you reported it, so thanks a lot for reporting!

Hello.

Is it possible to allow people from Poland to download Spotify for ios4 app, since Spotify officially launched in Poland few days ago?

Thanks.

Yours sincerely,
Alec Robertson.

I second this request. I have paid for my premium account, but I cannot get the app for my iPod touch 2 gen with iOS 4.2. And I cannot upgrade it to iOS5.

@garneck

I created american itunes account just to download and test ios4 version of Spotify. It is awful. It hangs, it's laggy and it does not have "radio" feature, which is crucial in Spotify service for me.

Ios4 version is not worth subscription fee for me. Consider it yourself.

PL:
Założyłem amerykańskie konto, żeby przetestować tę wersję na ios4, ale jest badziewna, wiesza się, nie ma radia, a radio akurat by się przydało, bo chciałem wykorzystać ipoda ze stacją z głośniczkami jako źródło muzyki w kuchni, zamiast radia tradycyjnego, ale kicha.
W dodatku nie można jednocześnie odtwarzać muzyki na dwóch urządzeniach, bo automatycznie pauzuje na tym drugim urządzeniu.

Yours sincerely,
Alec Robertson.

@Daveee

I need the iOS4 version just to listen to music offline on my iPod.

PL:

Mi głównie zależny na tym, żeby słuchać iPoda offline, jako że tylko działa na WiFi, a jak wiadomo w naszym pięknym kraju o WiFi ciężko. A jeśli chodzi o pauzowanie - to jeśli iPod nie ma połączenia internetowego włączonego, to nie powinien pauzować?

Suggested posts