Spotify on iOS kills wifi network

Solved!

Re: Spotify on iOS kills wifi network

roim

I have exactly the same problem, but on my Windows client. Also using Shaw Cable (Vancouver). Whenever I open the desktop windows client my internet just dies (not even the client works). Started happening sometime last week. Tried reinstalling the app multiple times to no avail.

The web version works, but it stutters more than I can stand.

talibanrojo-ar
Casual Listener
I have the same problem. Router cisco dcp 3825.
Solution!

topanlego
Regular

So the answer turns out to be that the Cisco DCP 3825 is the problem.

I had a small portable WiFi router and bridged that to my Cisco DCP 3825 for internet. Then I connect my iOS devices to the router and ran Spotify. No connection drop and internet still worked on all devices. Then tried it with a another router I had around connect directly through ethernet and same, it works.

In conclusion, if you have Shaw internet and have the Cisco DCP 3825 modem/router get another router or complain to Shaw to see if they can upgrade your modem.

View solution in original post

talibanrojo-ar
Casual Listener
I dont think the solution is change the router. The problem is spotify. Whan i use youtube i have no problem. Its a bug of spotify!

topanlego
Regular
The issue is specifically with this particular Cisco modem/router. It could the the Shaw firmware. Haven't had any problems with any other routers or modems. Highly unlikely that Spotify will try to patch their app to a problem they can't test.

In any case, this Cisco modem/router is a few years old now and the performance of this Cisco modem/router not that good to begin with. Needed to restart it ever couple days as the wifi connection would drop.

oguzakankan

Sad to say but I have the same problem too on my Macbook Pro. This is unfortunately terrible. On my Android phone works without problem for now. When I open Spotify kills the wifi connection for all other devices on the network E.g Chrome, Safari. When I want to connect my wifi, first I must close Spotify app and then either I have to put the Macbook to sleep mode or restart the computer.

jannmeds

Hello! I also experience this one! May times! They didn't even resolve this. Had to reinstall the app many times. Maybe DNS problems? IDK

ich649864
Casual Listener

hi,

any solution for this?

I have exactly the same behaviour, everytime I start Spotify my WLAN connection gets lost. And only for the device the app is currently running on.

Im using an iPad Air (first generation) / iPhone 5s with the latest iOS (10.3.3) version and also the latest version of the Spotify App.

• re-install of the spotify app doesn't helped
  • re-starting the router doesn't helped
  • re-starting the repeater doesn't helped
  • logout and login on the spotify app doesn't helped

If I open the spotify app after re-installing and the login screen appears the wifi connection on the device is still working. But after I signin the wifi connection is immediately dropped.

ISP

Telekom 50dwn 10up

Router Model

FritzBox 7590

FritzOS 06.86

Repeater Model

Fritz WLAN Repeater 1160

FritzOS 06.51

So, this is currently the official latest FritzOS...

If I try this at work, then spotifiy is working perfectly so I guess it depends on my router.

MrHoppe
Casual Listener

I have exactly the same 

MrHoppe
Casual Listener

I have exactly the sam

SUGGESTED POSTS