Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

iPhone gets HOT

This started only a couple of days ago. I would listen to music on Spotify and my phone would begin getting really hot. Within 30 seconds of listening to a song I lose 10% battery. When going on any other app(fb/YouTube/snapchat) using internet I won...

• This started only a couple of days ago. I would listen to music on Spotify and my phone would begin getting really hot. Within 30 seconds of listening to a song I lose 10% battery. When going on any ...
  • diggyz
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

No control from lock screen

After updating my iPhone 7 to IOS 11.0.2 I no longer have control from the lock screen or control center.

• After updating my iPhone 7 to IOS 11.0.2 I no longer have control from the lock screen or control center.
  • Grandpa
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

I've already paid for premium and it's not working! I've been a premium user for quite a while now.

I've been a premium user for a while now. Yesterday I renewed my subscription, I got charged for it (14 something dollars) and it's still not working! Why?! I can't deal with ads any longer.

• Casual Listener
  • I've been a premium user for a while now. Yesterday I renewed my subscription, I got charged for it (14 something dollars) and it's still not working! Why?! I can't deal with ads any longer.
  • chef_nifs
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App Randomly Starts Playing Last Track On Its Own

I have the latest version of the Spotify app (version 4.9.0.833) on my iPhone 5S running the latest version of iOS (9.2.1). The Spotify app has started to randomly start to play the track which I last paused when I start up the Spotify app. It doesn'...

• I have the latest version of the Spotify app (version 4.9.0.833) on my iPhone 5S running the latest version of iOS (9.2.1). The Spotify app has started to randomly start to play the track which I las...
  • Bari1975
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Soy premium pero no puedo cambiar las canciones en el menú

No puedo cambiar las canciones del menú, si las puedo descargar pero cambiarlas no y soy premium, solo dice que he descubierto una opción premium. Ayuda.

• Casual Listener
  • No puedo cambiar las canciones del menú, si las puedo descargar pero cambiarlas no y soy premium, solo dice que he descubierto una opción premium. Ayuda.
  • lucaselo3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs cannot play while clicked the songs on artists page

I have an issue when I click the song on the artist's page it doesn't play the song, even I have tried to reinstall the Spotify still couldn't work. Hope Spotify community member help me to solve this issue... Here is the screen recording...

• Visitor
  • I have an issue when I click the song on the artist's page it doesn't play the song, even I have tried to reinstall the Spotify still couldn't work. Hope Spotify community member help me to solv...
  • techrino930
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback error

My Spotify freezes when advertisement is about to play (before the advert even plays) and playback error message pops up. Have to exit Spotify app and then Spotify begins to play the artist radio (I have to re-shuffle my songs to get it back to norma...

• My Spotify freezes when advertisement is about to play (before the advert even plays) and playback error message pops up. Have to exit Spotify app and then Spotify begins to play the artist radio (I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Library / Recently played does not show on CarPlay

Hi there,iOs latest versionspotify latest versioniphone 6Once connected to CarPlay spotify just works fine...the only thing not showing up ist the tab for the library/recently played songs. I have tried everything with no success.Here is the crazy th...

• Visitor
  • Hi there, iOs latest version spotify latest version iphone 6 Once connected to CarPlay spotify just works fine...the only thing not showing up ist the tab for the library/recently played songs. I...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify jumping to Apple Music

Have a question. when im in my vehicle and will be listing to Spotify. when leave the vehicle and get back in plug my iphone back up Apple Music starts to play insted of Spotify even if the Spotify app is still open and i never open the Apple Music a...

• Casual Listener
  • Have a question. when im in my vehicle and will be listing to Spotify. when leave the vehicle and get back in plug my iphone back up Apple Music starts to play insted of Spotify even if the Spotify a...
  • rll140
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Don't see Chromecast in my device list

According to this page - https://www.spotify.com/us/chromecast/Spotify users should be able to cast music from native Spotify mobile app (iOS), but I don't see my Chromecast pop up on my available device list. I only see my AirPlay available. I tried...

• According to this page - https://www.spotify.com/us/chromecast/ Spotify users should be able to cast music from native Spotify mobile app (iOS), but I don't see my Chromecast pop up on my ava...
  • linneacdue
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes

Download Number Wrong

I saved a song for offline listening on my Mac and on my iPhone it said Download 3 songs. Is this just a bug in the app?

• Regular
  • I saved a song for offline listening on my Mac and on my iPhone it said Download 3 songs. Is this just a bug in the app?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs are no played if connected to my Sonos

If I connect Spotify from my iPhone to my Sonos some titles are not played and I get the error message:Sorry! This content can't be played as long a connection to another device exists.What is the reason for this? Add Tag...

• Casual Listener
  • If I connect Spotify from my iPhone to my Sonos some titles are not played and I get the error message: Sorry! This content can't be played as long a connection to another device exists. What is th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS 11 Car Control Stopped Working

Hi, Upgraded to iPhone 7 runnning iOS 11.0.3 and my in car controls no longer work to skip track in my car. I had iOS 11.0.2 running on iPhone 6plus and it was working fine.My car is a Toyota Aygo. So far I've tried:1. Forgetting bluetooth device and...

• Hi,   Upgraded to iPhone 7 runnning iOS 11.0.3 and my in car controls no longer work to skip track in my car. I had iOS 11.0.2 running on iPhone 6plus and it was working fine. My car is a Toy...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Einige Titel der Playlist werden auf Sonos nicht abgespielt

Wenn ich mein iPhone mit meiner Sonos verbunden habe werden eingie Titel nicht abgespielt. Ich bekomme dann folgende Fehlermeldung:"Tut uns leid! Dieser Inhalt kann nicht abgespielt werden, solange eine Verbindung zu einem anderen Gerät besteht."An w...

• Casual Listener
  • Wenn ich mein iPhone mit meiner Sonos verbunden habe werden eingie Titel nicht abgespielt. Ich bekomme dann folgende Fehlermeldung: "Tut uns leid! Dieser Inhalt kann nicht abgespielt werden, solange...
  • ppeter
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Downloaded songs don't appear on iPhone

I have downloaded a song onto my computer and iphone. The song is in my downlaod folder on my computer. It is also downloaded on the music app on my phone. The song plays on from the music app and from my computer. I proceeded to activate local files...

• I have downloaded a song onto my computer and iphone. The song is in my downlaod folder on my computer. It is also downloaded on the music app on my phone. The song plays on from the music app and fr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Impossible quitar modo aleatorio en app Iphone con cuenta Premium

Mi suscripción es Premium. En app Iphone continua mi música y mis Playlist en MODO ALEATORIO. He cerrado y abierto sesión e incluso reinstalado la app y nada. Soy suscriptor desde el 2011 y nunca he tenido este problema.Mi targeta de crédito está act...

• Casual Listener
  • Mi suscripción es Premium. En app Iphone continua mi música y mis Playlist en MODO ALEATORIO. He cerrado y abierto sesión e incluso reinstalado la app y nada. Soy suscriptor desde el 2011 y nunca he ...
  • Silmusicgen
  • Casual Listener
  • 29 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 29 replies
  • 3 likes

iOS 11.0.2 - Ford Sync 1.1

Since updating my iPhone to iOS 11.0.2 my Ford Sync 1.1 (Fiesta ST) is connecting but I am unable to see or change the song playing. Spotify is supposed to specifically comparable with the Ford Sync systems.

• Since updating my iPhone to iOS 11.0.2 my Ford Sync 1.1 (Fiesta ST) is connecting but I am unable to see or change the song playing. Spotify is supposed to specifically comparable with the Ford Sync ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to install Spotify app on legacy product (e.g. iPhone 4)

Hi Before Itunes 12.7 there was a trick to install previous version of an app through itunes to be able to install into iPhone 4. Now, with itunes 12.7 not managing app anymore, I have no solution.How to I install Spotify app into iPhone 4?? I know t...

• Regular
  • Hi   Before Itunes 12.7 there was a trick to install previous version of an app through itunes to be able to install into iPhone 4. Now, with itunes 12.7 not managing app anymore, I have no so...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes