Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Cant play music through Bluetooth in ford focus 2016

I can’t play music at all from spotify in my car since updating to iso 11 my friend also tried connecting there iphone 8 which didn’t work but other phones work is any one else getting problems

• I can’t play music at all from spotify in my car since updating to iso 11 my friend also tried connecting there iphone 8 which didn’t work but other phones work is any one else getting problems 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can’t see an album anymore

So I’m Brazilian and I followed Pablo Vittar a while back. The other day I was looking for his music and I couldn’t find it. I found like 3 and his album doesn’t appear to me anymore. And it still does to my friends. How can I fix that ?!

• So I’m Brazilian and I followed Pablo Vittar a while back. The other day I was looking for his music and I couldn’t find it. I found like 3 and his album doesn’t appear to me anymore. And it still do...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums are not sectioned in Artists under Your Library on iOS

ON Android, in your library, under artists, each album is separated into sections by a little partition of the album artwork. eg Alice In Chains has Jar of Flies with the artwork on top, then Facelift is separated with the album artwork on top.ON iOS...

• ON Android, in your library, under artists, each album is separated into sections by a little partition of the album artwork. eg Alice In Chains has Jar of Flies with the artwork on top, then Fa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot login today

Hi, I got the iPhone 8 Plus and when I opened Spotify for the first time, the app will not let me login in. It is stuck on the create a new account and login page with the moving background. Please help! I use spotify everyday all day!

• Hi,   I got the iPhone 8 Plus and when I opened Spotify for the first time, the app will not let me login in. It is stuck on the create a new account and login page with the moving background....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Not working

So, I recently joined the Spotify community and got a 7 day free trial. I downloaded all my favorite songs so I could listen to them wherever I was, a week after, my trial ended. Now, I go to my downloaded songs but when I press on a song I want to h...

• Casual Listener
  • So, I recently joined the Spotify community and got a 7 day free trial. I downloaded all my favorite songs so I could listen to them wherever I was, a week after, my trial ended. Now, I go to my down...
  • SonicSpeedy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Overheating iphone

I would love to update to premium, but my iPhone is overheating even with free version... lost 50% of battery during one workout. When i use different streaming app 10-15%. I got iPhone 7. Some help? And yes, i have reinstalled twice and got last ver...

• I would love to update to premium, but my iPhone is overheating even with free version... lost 50% of battery during one workout. When i use different streaming app 10-15%. I got iPhone 7. Some help?...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Battery performance
    Overheating
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music playing on iphone when I try to play it on my Dell laptop

This has happened a few times. When I try to play spotify on my laptop (with headphones or without) it doesn't play on my laptop and instead plays on my iPhone 6. Both have the current Spotify updates (Version 8.4.20). I basically cannot play spotify...

• This has happened a few times. When I try to play spotify on my laptop (with headphones or without) it doesn't play on my laptop and instead plays on my iPhone 6. Both have the current Spotify update...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Keeps stopping mid song

When playing a song it goes mute mid song. Not logged into any other devices.

• Visitor
  • When playing a song it goes mute mid song. Not logged into any other devices.
  • jmdesin892
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify will not connect to wifi no matter what

my iphone updated to the newest version of spotify and IOS 11 will simply not connect to the wifi. I've tried restarting it, deleting the app (losing all my downloads) and updating the phone. It's been like this for almost two weeks, while spotify wi...

• my iphone updated to the newest version of spotify and IOS 11 will simply not connect to the wifi. I've tried restarting it, deleting the app (losing all my downloads) and updating  the phone. I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP, premium?

I have a subscription deducted from my apple account every month, this month have they been withdrawn but I do not have the sportify premium?

• Casual Listener
  • I have a subscription deducted from my apple account every month, this month have they been withdrawn but I do not have the sportify premium?
  • jmdesin892
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Specific local files not appearing on mobile

A while ago I added some local files from desktop to a playlist which was downloaded on my phone. I accidentally turned off the download option recently, and when I downloaded it again, the local files I had added were gone. When I tried to add them ...

• A while ago I added some local files from desktop to a playlist which was downloaded on my phone. I accidentally turned off the download option recently, and when I downloaded it again, the local fil...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't play songs that I played

Come on! My account is premium and I've downloaded 15 song by The Cure... Now I just can listen 5 !!!! I hope someone can support me because I don't wanna get rid off

• Casual Listener
  • Come on! My account is premium and I've downloaded 15 song by The Cure... Now I just can listen 5 !!!! I hope someone can support me because I don't wanna get rid off  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • disappearing songs
    Missing Music
    unavailable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't play music

So I recently upgraded from an iPad to an iPhone. On the iPad I could play any song I wanted, as many skips, repeats, everything. On the iPhone I can't do any of that. I didn't change or create a new account, it's just the one I've always had. Why do...

• Casual Listener
  • So I recently upgraded from an iPad to an iPhone. On the iPad I could play any song I wanted, as many skips, repeats, everything. On the iPhone I can't do any of that. I didn't change or create a new...
  • Emmifrank101
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

IPhone Spotify Profile showing 0 Playlists - but playlists all set to public

Hello, I have two issues - first in my user profile it shows zero playlists on my iphone profile page. i have over 800 playlists - all made public on my laptop. i have gone through and manually changed playlists which were showing as secret in my iph...

• Visitor
  • Hello,   I have two issues - first in my user profile it shows zero playlists on my iphone profile page. i have over 800 playlists - all made public on my laptop. i have gone through and m...
  • Henriquepv
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Web links not working on mobile app

I shared a playlist of mine on Facebook, and it opens up just fine when I'm on my browser (Chrome), but when I try to open it on the Facebook app, it just opens the Spotify app and then tells me that Spotify can't open that type of link on this devic...

• Casual Listener
  • I shared a playlist of mine on Facebook, and it opens up just fine when I'm on my browser (Chrome), but when I try to open it on the Facebook app, it just opens the Spotify app and then tells me that...
  • losingstarlight
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Login on iPhone doesn't recognise Premium Account

I have a Premum account which I can use from my iPad. Have just bought a new iPhone and when I login to Spotify (via Facebook) it only recognises me as a 'Free User'. Very annoying as I keep getting Ads. Anyone else encountered this problem? Have del...

• I have a Premum account which I can use from my iPad. Have just bought a new iPhone and when I login to Spotify (via Facebook) it only recognises me as a 'Free User'. Very annoying as I keep getting ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium does not work

Hi, i just upgrade to spotify premium (free for the firt month) but my account continues to be free version.what can i do?

• Hi, i just upgrade to spotify premium (free for the firt month) but my account continues to be free version. what can i do?
  • jsannn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS 11 CarPlay logout

I didn’t search too deep if others have stated this issue exists but it reproducible and consist across multiple devices on both old and fresh installs of iOS 11. The issue is that if your iPhone dies while still having the Spotify app open in the ba...

• I didn’t search too deep if others have stated this issue exists but it reproducible and consist across multiple devices on both old and fresh installs of iOS 11.   The issue is that if your i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Font size keeps changing

Over the last few updates i've noticed the font size keeps changing. Why can't there just be a setting for this, or why doesn't it use the system wide font size setting within iOS? I prefer it larger since I am using it in my car, however I can see w...

IMG_0422.PNG IMG_0426.PNG
  • Roadie
  • Over the last few updates i've noticed the font size keeps changing. Why can't there just be a setting for this, or why doesn't it use the system wide font size setting within iOS?   &nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing ‘discover’ and weekly mixes

Hi I am using iPad 2 mini with the latest ios11 . As per title discovery and weekly mixes are missing . They are normally under ‘browse’ but nothing there! Just to make it clear , latest iOS installed and so it is Spotify fully updated .Any ideas ?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   I am using iPad 2 mini with the latest ios11 . As per title discovery and weekly mixes are missing . They are normally under ‘browse’ but nothing there! Just to make it clear , latest iOS...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes