Spotify on ipad wont work!! Help!!

Solved!
Highlighted

Spotify on ipad wont work!! Help!!

I have a premium account on pc but spotify on ipad will not let me listen music!! It says i need premium!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Spotify on ipad wont work!! Help!!

Spotify Legend

Tui - Ensure you are logging in with your "sarahlou.davis" username, rather than your email address. This should get you use Spotify just fine on your iPad.

Tskibeli & sakurakez - You are currently on either the free or Unlimited version of Spotify. In order to use all the features of Spotify on your iPad, your account would need to be on a Premium subscription. You can upgrade right here - https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/

Scottcdavis - Hmm, strange. Couple of things you might want to try. In the preferences menu, try turning off both gapless playback and crossfade. You might also want to try changing the quality of streaming tracks.

Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Highlighted

I have the same problem!
Highlighted

i have the same problem to 

Highlighted

FoR me, it wOrks foe about 45 seconds then fails. It used to work perfectly. I reinstalled it like 7 times, but it's the same
Highlighted
Solution!

Spotify Legend

Tui - Ensure you are logging in with your "sarahlou.davis" username, rather than your email address. This should get you use Spotify just fine on your iPad.

Tskibeli & sakurakez - You are currently on either the free or Unlimited version of Spotify. In order to use all the features of Spotify on your iPad, your account would need to be on a Premium subscription. You can upgrade right here - https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/

Scottcdavis - Hmm, strange. Couple of things you might want to try. In the preferences menu, try turning off both gapless playback and crossfade. You might also want to try changing the quality of streaming tracks.

Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Casual Listener
I have a Premium account and my iPad app only works for 1min and 30sec. I already tried turning off Gapless and adjusted streaming options. Please FIX! Thank you in advance.
Highlighted

Casual Listener
Figured it out! I removed the app and then turned off the iPad. Then I reinstalled from App Store. So far everything is working properly.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Irecently became a Spotify Premium User. I installed it on my home desktop - no problems - all is well. I installedit on my iPhone and iPad and both saythesame problem - 'could not login to Spotify. Maybe you've changed or misspelled your password.'

I changed the password and re-installed the app on both devices - no changes. As it is an issue on both devices I suspect it is either a generic issue wuth i-devices or some issue at home in my network security......any ideas please ?

Highlighted

Community Legend

@hughobyrne wrote:

Irecently became a Spotify Premium User. I installed it on my home desktop - no problems - all is well. I installedit on my iPhone and iPad and both saythesame problem - 'could not login to Spotify. Maybe you've changed or misspelled your password.'

I changed the password and re-installed the app on both devices - no changes. As it is an issue on both devices I suspect it is either a generic issue wuth i-devices or some issue at home in my network security......any ideas please ?

Hey! 🙂 

Are you sure you are logging in using the correct details and selecting the correct Spotify/Facebook login? 

If you think it is a connection issue, have a read at the connection troubleshooting guidelines.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Hi Peter, Thanks for answering. My understanding is that I sjhould use my username (I did not take the Facebook option) and I used that - the username and password. I do not know if it is a network issue at home but I'm going to be travelling for work next week so I'll try and logon from the hotel network and see if that works. If that fails I'll change password again and try once more. I'll reportback once I'v tried that..... Thanks Hugh
SUGGESTED POSTS