Spotify using mobile data even when cellular data turned off

Highlighted

Re: Spotify using mobile data even when cellular data turned off

Casual Listener
Hello

I agree. No app should access cell day when I have it turned off in
settings.

I am disappointed. This glitch has cost me data and really, if it is this
unreliable, there are other choices for music streaming services.
Highlighted

Mr Archer is absolutely right. While I appreciate the extreme solution of activating offline mode, it does not solve the issue that Spotify is using cellulaire data even when the setting is set to Off in iOS cellulaire data panel. We need a solution that lets us stream on wifi and not on cellular. I’ve been a subscriber for years and this problem is recent. 

Highlighted

Hi there folks,

As @Mihail suggested, turning on Offline mode is currently the only way to disable the Mobile data usage of the app when Wi-Fi is not available.  If you'd like more information on how to reduce your Internet and data usage, we'd recommend checking this support article.

On another note, if the option to stream only on Wi-Fi networks is something you'd like to be implemented in the app, we'd suggest heading in our Ideas Exchange and posting it here.

Also, if you'd like more information on how the Ideas Exchange works, make sure to head here.

Hope you find this info useful.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde
Highlighted

Music Fan

Wait a second there Alex.  Do you really think it's appropriate to propose an Ideas Exchange submission to request the app work as it's intended, lol?

When you turn off Cell Data, that should be it. The end all.  Why don't you guys just fix the problem instead of continually dancing around the problem?

And, while we're at it, you guys might want to look into all of these 3rd party servers your app is reaching out to.  You guys are aware these kind of things can breach certain provisions in CPPA, right?  That's a big deal my friend.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Does this mean all we're getting is an obnoxious workaround rather than a long term solution? Since when did permanent software fixes become "Ideas Exchange"?

Having the app cost you money because it ate away your precious mobile data due to an obvious defect, is not a feature to be discussed in an "Ideas Exchange". It's a defect to be fixed as soon as possible.

Please try harder guys.

SUGGESTED POSTS